✔️Chapter 08

Phil's POV

We walked into his luxury penthouse apartment together, immediately met with the living room.

It had a balcony that overlooked all of London as well as large windows basically covering each wall

It had a balcony that overlooked all of London as well as large windows basically covering each wall. I liked this, if I were rich I'd have every wall be a window. There was a black piano in the corner also, I'm not one for playing instruments but just the look of it was enough to make me want to learn.

"You play?" I asked him, gesturing towards it, eyes still wondering over the fancy room.

"Yes. Come, I will show you around."

He led us down a hallway which had two doors on each side, both open. "Dining room and kitchen."

The dining room was spacious and, of course, fancy, with elegant statues and artworks all around it. The kitchen was even more impressive; black and shiny with a small bar to the left, everything immaculately clean. Very much the opposite to my kitchen which had washing up I haven't yet done on the side, empty pizza boxes and cereal I've been snacking on all over the kitchen counters.

"Would you like something?" He asked, gesturing towards the assorted alcoholic drinks, most with names I have no hope in hell of understanding or pronouncing correctly.

"Wine, please," I said meekly, still unsure of his mood. Hopefully the wine would make me more confident, currently that's just what I need.

He expertly opened a bottle and poured some in a glass before handing it to me, then we continued our tour, though I was now quite focused on trying not to spill any wine.

"Gaming room and cinema room." Those were the two doors on the other side of the hallway, both of which appealed greatly to me. Then we were back where we started in the living room. We went down the hallway on the opposite side, which led to a massive grand staircase, there was a strip of white carpet running down the marble stairs.

"There's an upstairs?" I was seriously in awe of this place.

"Yes. Come."

He showed me a bathroom, a guest bedroom, a study, and the closed door of his ensuite.

"Does your brother not live with you?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Mathew has a house with his girlfriend, a bit further out of London."

"Ah. He used to live here, though?"

"Yes."

"Coolio."

"Dear God," he said, amusement clear in his eyes, it was clear by the slight crinkles in the corner of his eyes.

"What?" I asked, wanting to get in on the joke.

"You are extremely awkward."

"No, I'm not! I'm just tired right now, I'm usually less awkward, I swear."