✔️Chapter 14 - O

**a/n dedicated to ginasicxx for encouraging me to keep writing**

Phil's POV

I stared at my feet, nervously wringing my hands, and trying to regain my breath. I could feel his stare practically burning through me.

He turned around and slammed my office door shut, before locking it. I didn't see the point. I couldn't escape anyway because that would mean going through him and that's near enough impossible.

After another moment of his stare ripping through me, I decided that 1) I was missing an opportunity to stare at his gorgeous face, and 2) that we were wasting time.

I raised my gaze to make eye contact with him and regretted it immediately. He narrowed his eyes at me threateningly, I've never seen him this angry. He clenched his jaw and ran a hand through his hair, before letting out a deep breath. I took a moment to study his attire. He was wearing a long black coat over a pair of skinny jeans, along with black boots. It was so unlike the suits he always wore, but somehow I felt like this was even more perfect on him.

Realising he was waiting for me to say something, I quietly mumbled,

"Why are you here?"

Before I could blink his lips were on mine, and I was pressed up against my desk. He was kissing me passionately and angrily; his lips felt like they were burning mine. I stood frozen, willing myself not to kiss him back. One of the most difficult things I've ever done.

He barely seemed to notice, but after a moment he had finally stopped. He seemed increasingly irritated but didn't say anything.

He placed one last gentle kiss on my lips, before nuzzling his face into my neck. "Never think about ignoring me again," he practically growled, his soft actions contradicting his harsh words.

I stayed silent while moving away to sit on top of my desk, in case he wanted the chair.

"Why were you not answering me?" He questioned.

"I didn't want to," I mumbled quietly. Too quietly, apparently.

"Speak up, repeating things wastes time."

"I said, I didn't want to answer," I repeated, voice a little louder but still shaky.

"Fucking bullshit," he barked, slamming his hand onto the desk, making everything on it shake.

A small shiver ran through me. I flinched away from him and focused on the floor as my eyes became glossy.

He must've noticed, because he took a deep breath, before quietly saying, "I know that is not why you were ignoring me. I calculated what time you were at my office from the information I had. I know you saw me kissing Katie."

"Katie's her name, then. Good to know," I tried to say nonchalantly, but immediately I knew it hadn't worked.

"What the fuck is your problem?" he asked as if I had no right to be annoyed.

I took a deep breath and forced myself to be brave. I blinked a few times to try and stop my eyes from watering even more, then I looked up from the floor and met his eyes again.

"To be honest with you, Dan, I was ignoring you because I can't play the game where I act like I don't care. Seeing you with her hurt me a lot, but in hindsight I should've been prepared for this. I should've been prepared to be rejected yet again. I liked you a lot, even when we first met, and you wouldn't stop cussing at me. Why? Because I'm stupid, and I'm always attracted to people who will end up ruining me."