Chapter 23

**a/n take a shot everytime you see the word lasagna**

Phil's POV

On Thursday, after the little incident, Tyler and I went straight home. We spent the rest of the day cuddled up in his bed, while I questioned my life, and he tried to reassure me.

He had hidden my phone because we both knew Dan would be texting me, and talking to him was the last thing I wanted going to do.

The next morning, I decided that one day of moping had been enough.

As soon as my eyes opened at 11:32 am, I plastered the biggest smile I could manage onto my face and tried to seem happy.

Honestly, I was feeling slightly better than yesterday, and the fact that we had the next three days off work really helped. Also, today was the day that I was meeting Troye, which due to Tyler's excitement, I was actually looking forward to.

I had been lying in bed, trying to persuade myself to get up, when Tyler ran into my room jumped on top of me.

"Tyler, what the hell?" I asked, voice muffled and slurred from just having woken up.

"Phil!" Tyler practically yelled. "I have the best news ever!"

"Does this announcement require you to be on top of me?" I asked.

"Fuck yeah. This will honestly make you forget all about... yesterday."

"I could really use that right now," I said sighing.

"Ok, ok, are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

He scrambled around, and his elbow poked into my stomach, causing me to let out a yelp of pain. He muttered an apology before he finally, pulled out his phone and stopped moving around.

He cleared his throat and began reading off his phone in a weird accent. "A select few from the editing team were asked to read your front page article. Together, we came to the decision that there are many areas that could be improved in future revisions."

"Ugh," I said, face falling.

"However, the article was simply captivating and a pleasure to read. I am delighted to inform you that you have both been promoted to the position of Team Assistant Co-Editors."

"Are you serious? No way!" I said, a smile stretching my cheeks.

"Way!" Tyler confirmed.

"What else does it say?"

"There's some more on how it's a position of responsibility and blah blah blah, and then, it says 'we would like you to move into room 4C on Monday morning,"

"What? They're giving us 4C! Oh my god."

"You will also have an assistant to help you move into your new office, and complete any small tasks when needed."

"We have an assistant!"

"Her name is Mia," he said, scanning through the email.

"Oh my God. Tyler we did it!"

"Fuck yeah, we did. Honestly, I knew we would get it, even though the pun in the headline was rubbish."

"It was your pun," I claimed laughing.

"No, it wasn't," Tyler said, covering his face.

"Yes, it was!"

"Listen, no need to dwell on the past," he said waving his hand.