Chapter 25 - A

**a/n this chapter is dedicated to  for being the thousandth voter! the surprise for 1k votes is...**

DAN'S POV

I woke up at 6 on Monday morning, having had a full 6 hours of restless sleep. I didn't want to tell him, but I always slept so much better when Phil was with me. My body always seemed to relax when he wrapped his legs around mine under the duvet.

Just remembering the way he would look up at me with an innocent smile made me smile.

Then I remembered that we weren't exactly on speaking terms and the smile instantly dropped from my face.

The whole argument was so stupid. Phil had seen me with Camilla and assumed we were screwing again. If anyone deserved an apology, it was definitely me.

Thinking about the whole thing quickly put me in a bad mood, which was probably why when Miss Margaret arrived at 7:36, I wasted no time in stomping into the kitchen and demanding to know why she was 6 minutes late.

But it was Miss Margaret and she easily laughed off my frustration and questioned, "What do you want for breakfast today?"

I told her to make whatever she wanted, and proceeded to pull out a chair at the breakfast bar and sit down to watch her work.

"Are pancakes okay?" she inquired while pulling out various ingredients from all over the kitchen.

"Yes, pancakes will be fine," I answered hesitantly. Miss Margaret liked to make me eat healthy and nutritious breakfasts. She always claimed that she was the only person who monitored my health and so very rarely made things like pancakes for my breakfast.

"Ok, this will take about 5 minutes, so go on."

"What?" I asked, having no idea what she was talking about.

"I can tell something's wrong, so I'm giving you five minutes to pour your heart out to me."

"How do you know that something is wrong?"

She gave me a wide grin and said, "I know you much better than you think, Dan."

I only shook my head, before answering her previous question. "I miss Phil," I stated honestly, immediately feeling vulnerable.

"Where is Phil?" she asked, looking around the kitchen as if he would pop out from behind something.

"He is ignoring me," I informed her with a frown.

"How come?"

"Well, I was going to fly back on Friday, but the case was an easy win, so I got back on Thursday morning."

"Uh-huh," Miss Margaret mumbled as she mixed the batter.

"I did not exactly tell Phil that I would be back on Thursday. I was out with Camilla, she wanted to walk back, for some stupid reason. I guess Phil saw us walking together or something, because when I tried to call him on Friday, he kept ignoring me. So, I went to his flat, and--"

"Uninvited?"

I had to refrain from shouting at her for interrupting me. "Well, he was not answering so I had no choice."

She seemed unconvinced, but said, "alright."

"Anyway, we had dinner, and I met his best friend's boyfriend and stuff. But he was being so cold. Afterwards, I asked if he was okay, and he said he would keep ignoring me until I apologised."

She looked at me like I was stupid. "Then apologise."

"But I did not even do anything!" I exclaimed for the second time.