Chapter 20 - N

Phil's POV

The next morning, when I woke up, I was alone in bed.

I strained my ears and I could heard the soft patter of Dan's fancy shower, so I figured that he had just woken up.

I sat up and stretched my arms, yawning slightly. I was tired, and desperately wanting to rest my head on the pillow and shut my eyes once again. The only thing that kept me going was the thought that today was Friday and the weekend was just around the corner.

I finally got out of bed and tried to fold the duvet neatly to the corners of the mattress.

"Good morning Phil," I heard from right behind me. His voice was too energetic for so early in the morning. "You do not have to do that. Miss Margaret will take care of it."

I sleepily turned to face him, saying, "Morning."

The sight of him made the simple word catch in my throat. A towel was hanging dangerously low on his body, emphasising his deep v-lines. His perfectly tanned chest was wet with water droplets that were falling from his hair. And surprisingly it was curly.

"Since when do you have curly hair?" I asked, surprised.

He ran a hand through it, "I hate it."

"I love it," I told him honestly. I try to resist the urge to pull at one of the curls and see if it springs back. "Why do you straighten it?"

"Why do you wear contacts?"

I shrug. "Touché."

***

When we arrived at my workplace, I didn't want to get out the car. Dan was being extra sweet this morning and I wanted things to stay how they were forever.

As soon as James stopped the car, Dan's lips were on mine. He seemed just as reluctant to say goodbye as I was.

I pulled away from him, muttering, "I should probably go."

"No, stay."

"Dan," I whined.

"Fine, but you have to stay at mine tonight."

"Ask me nicely," I said, silently praying that his good mood wouldn't evaporate.

"Are you going to do this every time?" he asked, but I couldn't tell if he was annoyed.

"Just until you learn to do it without a reminder."

He sighed, "will you stay at mine tonight? Say yes."

"I mean that's still kind of an order," I said, giving him a cheeky smile.

"Just answer, the suspense is too much!" He said, with an amused smile.

"Well," I was planning to say no. I had promised Tyler that I would be staying home tonight. And anyway, I didn't want to get too attached to Dan, in case things didn't work out. But all Dan had to do was pout his lips a tiny bit, and widen his eyes, and I was instantly convinced. "Okay, fine."

"Good, because I will not be seeing you for a while, following this weekend."

"Why?" I asked, my smile involuntarily changing into a frown.

"Matt and I are going on a business trip."

"Where?"