Chapter 41 - N

((pleaseo voteo ando commenteo becauseo reallyo longo chaptero))

Phil's POV

It was approximately half an hour after Tyler and I had left work that I recieved a series of texts from Dan.

[DAN] I am sorry.

[DAN] Phil.

[DAN] Will you come to dinner? xx

[PHIL] Okay.

[DAN] Thank you. James will pick you up at 8, as I am working late. xx

[PHIL] Okay.

"I guess that half-smile half-frown means he texted you and asked you to come over for dinner?" Tyler said nudging my arm.

I laughed. The fact that he was so spot on was slightly embarassing. "Is he really that predictable?"

Tyler rolled his eyes, "and that laugh means he was being nice which means you're going."

I shrugged, giving Tyler a cheeky smile.

"Both of you are equally predictable. It's disgusting." I shrugged again, and laughed as we walked up to our apartment door. "Listen, Phil. I know you love him and he loves you and blah, blah, blah. But you need to watch out. This is happening too often to be healthy for you."

I furrowed my eyebrows, wanting him to clarify even though I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"This on-again off-again relationship. I'm not even in it and I'm exhausted."

"Tyler," I whined, dragging out his name. I didn't want him to waste his time trying to discourage me because I'd already made up my mind. I was going to dinner tonight at Dan's.

"Don't you 'Tyler' me. I'm being serious. If you come back with any less than a ridiculously lovesick smile on your face, you aren't seeing him again. And no excuses."

I scoffed to myself as we entered the apartment. I knew the possibility that I'd come back upset was a huge one, yet I didn't even care, because even if I came back sobbing, I'd have spent the day with Dan. Tyler was probably right. It was unhealthy how much I was addicted to his presence, no matter how much it usually hurt me. But I couldn't help the way he made my heart beat faster.

"Tilly, I made you M&M cookies," Troye said, running into Tyler's arms as soon as he'd stepped foot into the apartment. "How are you feeling today? Did you take your medication? Do you feel dizzy? Did you change your plaster? I told you to change your plaster, it's getting dirty."

"Get off me," Tyler laughed, pushing away Troye's hands that were touching the plaster on his head.

"You need to start caring more about yourself."

Tyler laughed, pulling Troye into his arms once again as their faces neared each others. "But why should I, when you do it for me?"

And watching them interact was enough to make me simultaneously want to cry and laugh.

Of course Tyler didn't understand why I kept going back to Dan. He already had everything I wanted.

***

I arrived at Dan's building at around 8:20. After quickly thanking James, I walked over to the elevator where Dan was waiting. He was wearing a black hoodie and the same jeans from this morning. Once again, the sight made my beathing unsteady.

"Hi," he greeted, hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"Hey," I replied, nervously.

It was obvious that he too was nervous, which only made me more anxious. He didn't say anything only pressed the button for the lift and got in. I quickly followed him, almost tripping on the way.