Chapter 38 ~

((if you are enjoying this story, please VOTE))

Phil's POV

"Phil," I heard Tyler yell from the kitchen.

"Coming," I sighed, rolling my eyes, tossing my phone onto my bed and walking towards the lounge.

I wasn't annoyed, I was just tired. You see, Tyler wasn't feeling well today and had taken the day off work. I'd stayed with him to make sure he was alright. But I felt like he was taking it a bit too far. I'd been running around all day, tending to his needs. I'd just wanted a few minutes on my own.

"What?" I asked.

He was sprawled on the couch watching a reality TV show. "Can you pass me my tea?"

I looked at the mug, lying only a few centimetres out of his reach. Then I looked back at Tyler, then back at the mug. "What?"

"My tea," he said, gesturing to the mug.

"I came here to pass you your tea?"

"Yeah," he answered, shrugging.

I sighed, trying not to let my annoyance show. "Here you go," I said, giving him the cup, along with a sickly sweet smile.

"Thanks, babes."

"I'm going to go finish my," I knitted my eyebrows together, thinking of what I had done today. "Yeah.." I trailed off when I realised that I had done nothing productive.

"Ok, have fun," Tyler said, before picking up the remote and turning the volume up.

I went into my room and laid on my bed once again, closing my eyes and trying not to think about how boring my life had become.

And then, around five minutes later, "Phil."

I groaned, unbothered to answer.

"Phil," Tyler said again and I opened my eyes. What would he want this time? More sugar for his tea? For me to fluff his pillow?

"Nevermind, I'll get it," he said, and a selfish happiness ran through me as I heard his footsteps.

"Phil," Tyler called again after a few minutes, voice sounding weirdly panicked. "Furby," he croaked and then I heard a thud.

I ran into the lounge but he wasn't there. He wasn't in the dining room. He wasn't in the toilet.

Finally, I found him. He was lying on the floor in the kitchen. His eyes were closed. His face was pale and sickly looking. The sight made me nauseous. I was sure he might be bleeding. I didn't want to look too closely, in case I fainted as well.

I couldn't process what was happening, but my fingers were dialling 999.

Then I was speaking to someone. I rattled out our address and a few details about Tyler. Then I was being told to remain calm. Help was on its way.

I curled into a ball on the floor next to him, still clutching my phone.

I needed to tell someone. I needed to tell Troye.

But for some reason, my fingers drifted towards a different name in my contact list.

I squeezed tighter into the fetal position and listening to the ringing of the phone echoing around our eerily silent flat, wishing it was Tyler's booming laugh that was filling the space instead.

"The number you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone."

"Dan, I-I need you. I messed up. And, and I called the a-ambulance, but I'm alone and I need you."