Chapter 40 - A

((sho me yo love ba shadin' in dat star butt'n nd wri'n sum commens))

Phil's POV

"I don't think I should be working this much, considering I recently hurt my head," Tyler said from his desk across the office. He had interrupted my flow of thought, causing my sentence to remain unfinished. 

It was his first day back at work, and every surface in the room had some sort of get well present on it. There were cakes, cards, chocolate and flowers. Honestly, it all felt a bit over the top, considering I'd spent the last few days convincing myself that Tyler's arrhythmia was no big deal.

"Tyler, you cut your forehead. It shouldn't affect your work in any way," I sighed.

"Well, Peter doesn't have to know that."

"I'm pretty sure he already does," I said, pointing at the box of chocolates on the floor. "That was from him, so someone must've told him what happened."

"Oh yeah," Tyler said, reaching for the box and eating one of the chocolates. "Whatever, I'm bored. Entertain me, peasant."

I rolled my eyes. "How would you liked to be entertained?"

Tyler put his chin in the palm of his hand and leant forward, showing me that I had his full, undivided attention. "Hm. You could talk to me about you and Dan."

I rolled my eyes again. I didn't understand Tyler's fascination with our relationship. "Well, when you passed out, I was really scared, so I called him."

"Uh-huh."

"I don't know, he said he looked at some records and found out which hospital you were in. Then he was there. And I guess I forgive him."

Tyler gave me an unconvinced look. "Doesn't sound like it."

I sighed. "I was really scared, I just needed someone. I didn't really think about what I was doing. He said I made him better and I kissed him."

"Do you regret it?"

"I mean, no, because I'm glad we're fine again. But, at the same time, I think I let him off too easily. We didn't really find a solution to the main problem, and we didn't talk about the Camilla thing at all. So, I guess I'm still angry."

"Why didn't you tell him?"

"Because I don't want him to leave again. I like when he's around. As soon as he showed up, everything started going well again. He was able to make the doctor let us see you. And he just looked so sleepy and cute," I said, playing with my fingers.

"I get what you mean," Tyler said, causing me to finally make eye contact with him. "But, you can't just pretend everything is fine when it's really not. You can't keep ignoring the problem, otherwise, the same thing will happen again."

"Yeah, I know," I said sighing. I hated the predicament I was in.

"Communication is the basis of all good relationships. So next time you see him, you need to talk about it, okay?"

"Okay."

"And I feel like that'll be quite soon."

***

It was around mid-day when there was a knocking on our office door. I knew it wouldn't have been Tyler because he wouldn't knock, and Mia had just left seconds before.

"Come in," I yelled, not wanting to interrupt my writing flow.

"Surprise. Hey, babe. I brought you Starbucks."