Chapter Fifty-Two - Crazy Good

DOMINICK'S POV

   Can tonight get any worse? I silently ask as I sit on the front porch. I had to stay after school to re-take an exam I missed, defiantly failed which drops my grade in the class lower. I am only avoiding having to repeat junior year by a few grade points. The test grade alone was enough to sour my mood, but when I got home Aria called to say she'd be late to bring Mollie home. The Wilsons took Mollie to the zoo... for the first time, and they lost track of time causing them to be late to head home.

   To add on to my already cr*ppy day and make it a true sh*it-show, Katie, after not speaking to me for two days, exploded at me. I came into her room to ask if she wanted to watch tv, my attempt to make amends for whatever I did to upset her. I've asked our parents if there's anything I might have unintentionally done to hurt Katie's feelings, they appear to be as clueless as I am.

"Hey Katie, there's a new Home of the Heartless episode on the DVR, want to watch it?" I asked.

   She was seated at her desk, she didn't look away from her laptop. "No, thanks." she said flatly.

"You really want to pass up on the chance to make me suffer." I pretended to wipe a tear away from my eye. I put a hand on my chest, "I'm touched."

   Katie rolled her eyes and for a moment I thought I saw her lowering the wall she'd built between us; but I was mistaken. "Can you leave now?"

   "Oh, yeah...sure" I said as I began to leave the room. I stopped and asked, "Katie, what do you plan to do to celebrate your birthday?" Her birthday was yesterday, and she didn't seem excited or happy about it. She hardly came out of her room and threw me out when I tried to give her my present to her.

"I don't know, now could you leave?"

   I should have kept my mouth shut and left the room; however, I made a final comment and it was apparently the wrong one. "Katie, just know your big brother is always here for you. You don't need to fear judgement from me." I had hoped the comment would provide Katie with comfort and a feeling of security; however, the comment only enraged her.

   She slammed her laptop shut, "SHUT UP!" She yelled. She grabbed her notebook off her desk and threw it at me, I managed to dodge the flying notebook.

"Katie, what the he-"

"You want me to talk? Alright i'll talk, I HATE you! Every miserable moment in my life is connected to you!" She yelled.

  In that moment, I couldn't help but feel guilt. I opened my mouth to speak but Katie had more to say, a lot more."

"You would never have right to ever judge me. You're the reason everyone rejected me, because of you I couldn't fit in, I couldn't make friends, and the friends I had were told by their parents to stay away from me. Your reputation tainted me!" Katie turned away from me and  her hands covered her face. She let out a short sob, her breathing became unsteady and fast.

"Katie, you need to calm down before you get sick." I said  calmly.

Katie whirls around, "Just shut up and get the F*CK OUT OF MY ROOM!"

   I left and shut the door behind me. Once the door was shut, I heard what sounded like Katie falling to the floor. The sound was followed by her sobbing. I informed Dad, who was concerned and curious about what he'd heard, about the incident. I advised that they check on Katie soon, but give her space. I also felt that Katie and I being under the same roof wasn't good, both of us are beyond pretty upset. Plus, I want to catch Aria when she drops Mollie off. The two of us haven't gotten the chance to talk like she keeps saying we will.