EPILOGUE

OCTOBER 2017

TWO YEARS LATER

DOMINICK'S POV

   There is pain, and then there is stepping on a small block while barefoot pain. I'm not sure the love i have for my three-year old is enough to keep me from throwing the mini-torture tools down the apartment complex's garbage shoot. I put the stray block into the small purple bin containing the other blocks. On my way out of Mollie's room, I turn on the baby monitor and night light.

   I'm approaching the doorway when I see Tyde coming down the hallway. Mollie is asleep in her arms, head resting on her shoulder. Mollie's hair covers part of her face. "Hey." I whisper as quietly as I can. I turn off the overhead bedroom light, letting the small nightlight dimly light the room. I move out of the doorway.

   Tyde gives me a small smile as she walks into the room. She goes over to Mollie's bed, I follow behind her. Once Mollie has been tucked in. Tyde puts up the guardrail and leans over to kiss Mollie's forehead. "Goodnight." She whispers.

   She moves aside to let me go over. I gently caress Mollie's head. Her eyes flutter, she's deep in her dreams. I kiss her forehead, "Love you." Tyde and I both cautiously and quietly leave the bedroom, softly shutting the door behind us.

   We walk away from the bedroom door down the hall toward living room before whispering. "I'll get going." Tyde says.

"You don't have to go soon, want anything to drink?" I ask her. "I have soda, juice, and water." I add.

   Tyde waves her hand, "No, thank you." She says. "I need to get heading home, getting a bit late."

I nod my head and walk her to the door. "You're always welcome to stay the night, no need to be a stranger." I say.

She smiles, "I know." She says. I open the door for her and hold it open.

"Night Dominick." She says again as she walks out.

"Drive safe, I'll text you in the morning." I say leaning against the door a bit.

"Awesome, thanks." Tyde starts down the walkway heading towards the parking spaces. I wait till I gets into her car before shutting the front door and locking it for the night.

   I go into the kitchen and open the fridge. I take out a bottle of water and a slice of leftover pizza from tonight. I've just taken a huge bite when my phone starts to ring from the living room. I silently curse, I left the ringer at full-volume, and the walls of the apartment are practically thinner than paper. I quickly chew my bite of pizza and take a big drink of water as I rush into the living room. I pick my phone up from the floor where it had fallen off the couch.

   Seeing the caller ID, I'm instantly hit with a bad feeling. I can't explain why, it'a not that late, only nine-twenty. I've gotten calls from the number much later than this; and they were all nothing. "Hello." I answer.

"Dominick." Dad's voice says, his voice is tense.

"Dad?" I reply.

"Your sister isn't over there is she?" He asks.

   Everything freezes. "No." I answer, dreading what I knew was coming. The bad feeling intensifying.

   Dad doesn't reply to me, I hear his muffled voice say, "Call the police." This followed by the murmur of Mom's upset voice, who must have been standing nearby.

"What is happening?" I ask, I don't know why I ask. I know fully well what is happening.

"Katie is missing."

****AUTHOR'S NOTE***
PLEASE READ BELOW

And, that is it, this is officially the last part of "No Regrets".

Information regarding THE SEQUEL will be posted tomorrow. There's a lot of important information, I have also included a Q&A with the character as well as I answer some questions regarding No Regrets.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS for characters or myself, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND I WILL INCLUDE IT in the Q&As.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, do whatever you want.