Chapter Twenty Seven - Out of Control

DOMINCK'S POV

  Linkon has finally returned to school after being off-the-grid for two whole weeks. When I saw him the first thing I noticed was a bruise still healing under his left eye. He's dressed in a long-sleeved shirt and jeans; which gives me a good idea what's been happening. Linkon never wears long clothing, even in the winter. I actually didn't even know he owned any anything longer than basketball shorts and regular shorts.

  He casually walked up to my locker this morning as if he'd seen me just yesterday. "Hey Dominick!" he said. He handed me a piece of gum. "How's Mini Dude doing?" he asked.

  I kept casual as well. "Teething which means all-night crying and lots vomit." I answered grabbing my biology text book. "Another biking accident?" I asked.

   Linkon chuckles a bit and places a hand on the back of his head, "When will I learn that I'm too clumsy to be a bad*ss." He said. "Sucks about the teething thing." Linkon added. He gives me a sympathetic look. He reached into his pocket, "Lucky for you, your f*cking fairy godfather is here. I stole some cash from the *sshole. So, what do you say to grabbing some actual food for lunch?" he asked. He pulled his hand out of his pocket with a small wad of twenty dollar bills.

  "Why do we have to wait till lunch?" I replied closing my locker. The cafeteria food is more bland-globs that are shaped like food than anything edible.

  "Because I am the one with the money as I said so." Linkon joked. He started walking away to get to his first-period class. As I watched him leave, I noticed that he was walking with a slight limp in his left leg.

  I know the truth about Linkon's "biking accidents"; and he knows I know. However, there is some sh*t that people just don't talk about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Linkon bailed on his last few classes for the day and my school day is already done by lunch. My parents made an arrangement with the school. I attend my core-classes before lunch. That way, I can get home after lunch and whichever parent is watching Mollie is able to get to work; while I also am earning the credits necessary to graduate. There's also schoolwork, I have to take home me, additional homework to make-up for all the work I have neglected to do.

  Linkon and I go to this BBQ place about a mile away from the high-school. While we eat, Linkon tells me all about how his reacted to the New Years Eve incident. "She yelled so loud that I could have heard her perfectly without the phone." Linkon says taking a bite into his sandwich. "She is now fully-convinced that I shouldn't be living at her house."

  I take a sip of my soda, "You can always crash on my couch." I say. I highly doubt parents would mind; as long as Linkon didn't get into an illegal trouble and cleaned up after himself, they'd let him stay over for a while.

  Linkon smiles a bit, "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." He says.

"Mi coucha es su coucha." I say using my best Spanish-accent.

  Linkon rolls his eyes. "Technically your parents couch." he points out picking up his soda. "I noticed you've started calling Mini Dude your daughter. That's big." he adds.

  Suddenly I realize that I've gone from calling Mollie "the baby" to calling her my daughter. I haven't given the matter much thought; but I do realize it's a major change considering how I felt when she arrived. "I guess I have." I say.

   "Well, it's never to late to congratulate you on your new baby'" He raises his cup up. I raise mine up. We chuckle as we tap our cups. "Seriously though, come over to my house if you need a place to crash." I say.