Two more days

"The prince is coming in two days!" Nefertiti squealed as she dragged him around the market place looking for what she claims was her feast dress.

"I need to have the perfect dress, I hear the prince's favorite color was blue, do you think it will catch his attention?" she asked as they walked by a dress shop.

"Didn't we just go by a dress shop?" he asked her with a frown.

"I saved money for the best dress maker in all of Egypt....no actually just in Cairo, the best in Cairo" she replied pulling him around a corner bursting with excitement.

They had been walking for in Milah's mind an hour and it was getting tiring to say the least, in truth he had never walked this long in a month.

"Here it is!" Nefertiti exclaimed pulling him into a well decorated shop, filled with beautiful dresses hanged up on the wall.

"Alia!, How is my dress going?" she asked a lady who was busy sewing a red dress.

"Hello to you too Nefertiti, my day was fine thank you for asking" the lady Alia said after she placed the clothes in her hand on her work table before standing and walking up to them with a little limp in her step.

He must have stared a little too long because the next thing she asked was "Who is this handsome friend of yours?".

"Oh he's Milah, he works with me in the palace" Nefertiti replied distractedly while still looking around.

"Did you come for a dress yourself?" she asked looking at him intently.

Shaking his head he replied "No, I...I have things I have to do" humming as she continued to stare at him with eyes that were inquiring.

"Alia!, my dress" Titi whined as she searched the shop with her eyes.

"Oh, it's the one on that stand" Alia replied gesturing to the right side of the shop.

"Oh there it is!" she gushed at the light blue sari that was draped on a wooden stand, her eyes filled with wonder as she touched the fabric lightly like if she touched it any harder it would disappear.

"Oh Milah, isn't it beautiful for days!?" she asked as she caressed the dress.

"The prince is sure to notice me in this!" she beamed with joy before turning around to look at Alia and asked,

"Are you done or do you want to add something to it?".

"No no I'm done" Alia replied with a shake of her head.

She must have had enough of Nefertiti, haven't they all.

"You remind me of someone" Alia murmured looking at him closely, "You remind me of my son" she croaked out her eyes watering with tears, giving her what he hoped would be a comforting smile.

He had never known his mother but he misses her dearly, he couldn't imagine what she must feel in her heart, "I am sorry" she gasped out her hands returning to her sides as she continued to look at him.

Emotions were never his forte, he didn't know what to do at a time like this, in all honesty he felt like running away but he couldn't.

He knows how he feels every time someone that looks a lot like Khal passes him in the market place.

The longing that consumes his soul as he watches them pass by even though he knew they weren't his Khal.

So he carried Alia's frail hands and places them on his face for her to feel, he knows it won't fill that gap in her heart but he didn't know what to do.