Kiss Me

Dedicated to Iman in a bid to get her to update "A is for Ayan" you guys should check it out.

"The prince's return does not mean that you relax, you bastards!" Thabit's voice could be heard at the far corner of the palace and Milah sighed as he thought, the Head slave was back.

"I checked the camel quarters and it was positively more disgusting than usual" the Head slave bellowed his voice taking a different tone when he saw Milah. "Rashid, you will wash the place spotless with Omar and if I see just a speck of dirt you will be lashed" Thabit said as he glared at poor Rashid whose face had gone green at the mention of the camel quarters. Milah felt sad for him.

"I'll tell you this once and never again that if I see any grime on the palace grounds, you all are in trouble irrespective of what your job is" Thabit added as he dismissed them with a passive hand wave and a glare.

Milah was about to start his own portion of work when Thabit called him, sighing he walked over to him dreading what was to come. "Uh... how are you?" Thabit stammered out his eyes darting in all directions, "I am quite alright sir" Milah replied awkwardly because he didn't know what to make of the Head slave's attitude.

"Did you sleep well?" Thabit asked again making Milah flush at the memory of his night with Khal and nodded with a smile. "I slept perfectly" he replied with a small smile, "I found this lotus flower when I visited the Niles yesterday and thought to give it to you" Thabit murmured as he thrust the flower at Milah with his cheeks reddening.

Ah, Milah thought, he now understood why the Head slave was doing, he was trying to woo him. Collecting the flower with sadness in his heart as he thought that if it was Khal who gave this to him he wondered the kind of feelings that he would feel.

However, he stood here with a well-meaning flower in his hands and he felt nothing, he felt absolutely nothing.

"Thank you" he mumbled as he stared at the flower in a daze, "But I can't accept this" Milah said with a frown on his face as he pushed a strand of hair back into place.

"Why not?" Thabit asked obviously heart broken. Milah replied "The person I was waiting for has returned" those words seem to shatter whatever hope Thabit had because his brown eyes lost its light and Milah couldn't help but feel like a villain.

"I'm sorry" he said as he waited for the dazed look to exit Thabit's eyes. "It's no worries" Thabit mumbled as he seemed to get a hold on himself, Milah raised his hands to return the flower back to Thabit but he shook his head and said "No, no keep it" as he slowly stepped away, "It's a gift" he added as he turned and left, leaving Milah standing there.

Milah refused to take fault for this, it wasn't his fault that someone fell in love with him and it also want his fault that he didn't love Thabit back, you don't choose who you love, love did that all on its own.

Sighing Milah left the scene in sadness as he went to start his work in the palace fields, placing the flower in his pockets as he hurried to get his work done.

"Ah, the queen has graced us with her presence" he heard Odji sarcastic voice say as he walked into the fields, keeping silent as he knelt to start his portion of the land. "Aw, he works too, he would make such a good housewife" Odji said with a sneer.

Rolling his eyes Milah ignored him as he continued with his portion of land. "See how he acts all high and mighty when he is just a slave like all of us" Odji said to Sa who just shrugged his shoulders as he continued his work.

"I hope you aren't this quiet in bed, Nkw" Odji said again and Milah just tensed as he stopped picking his portion. Sighing he picked up his basket and started to make his way to the kitchen when he was pushed forward.