Mother

They had been laying there for a while, silent and just enjoying each other's presence. Khal's hands were running through Milah's hair lovingly. Milah was busying himself with stroking Khal's chest placing gentle kisses on his breast bone.

Milah had been thinking about what Alia asked of him and was wondering what he was to do; light breeze was penetrating into the room keeping them cool even though there was a hot weather outside.

Alia was a nice woman but Milah didn't think she could have affection for him like his own mother would. She had a beautiful motherly aura that he was attracted to like a moth.

It wasn't unusual for a rich person to take a slave for a child, but Milah never thought it would happen to him.

It was a bit of a wonder to him what made Alia think of him first, she said that he looked like her son but he didn't want the expectations of someone to be on him.

He didn't want to try and wear someone else's shoes, he didn't like the idea, not at all but if he became Alia's legal son then he and Khal had a better chance of getting married.

A lowly slave couldn't marry into royalty, however the child of someone of high status was an eligible suitor or suitress.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Khal asked adjusting to his right side to look directly at Milah who smiled and hid his face in Khal's shoulders.

"I was thinking" Milah replied with a flush, "What about, for it to have taken your mind for that long?" Khal replied placing his hands on Milah's hips "Well..." Milah trialed off as he stared at Khal's bright eyes.

"Well what?" Khal asked with a smirk, sighing Milah sat up running his hands through his hair "What is the problem?" Khal asked coming behind Milah and holding him by the waist.

"That lady...Alia the one who made me that dress you liked?" Milah aired looking at Khal to assure him that he remembered, "I remember, continue".

"She wants to adopt me" he blurted out holding his hands in a fist. "Adopt you..." Khal trialed off tightening arms around Milah's waist.

"Yes" Milah replied with a nod. "What do you want to do?" Khal asked pulling Milah's back to his chest.

"I want to marry you, that's what I want" Milah said turning to look at Khal, "And that's what you will get for it is also my wish to be your husband" Khal replied placing a kiss on Milah's hair.

Turning Milah hugged him close, "I really want to marry you" he said kissing the skin on Khal's neck "And so do I my love, so do I".

"You've been out a lot lately" Nefertiti stated as he sat on his bed, "I've been busy" he replied absentmindedly going through his clothes to find the blue dress. He was planning on wearing it to see Alia.

"Were are you going to now?" she asked as he stood up to put on the dress "I need to see Alia" he said giving her a brief glance before pulling the dress over his head.

"You and Alia have been awfully...chummy" Nefertiti implied with squinted eyes as she watched him get dressed. "She's nice" he replied with an eye roll, "And besides it is none of your business" he added with a glare.

"Alright" she replied raising her hands in the air and walking to her side of the room.

The streets of Cairo looked as crowded as usual with people bumping into each other in the tightly spaced market; the smell of roasted cow filled his nose when he passed the butcher stall, and children running around in the nude.

The peddlers were at work as usual selling their goods with enthusiasm, singing songs of glory about their merchandise, chanting for the attention of their customer who flocked at places that sold cheaper goods, it was a sight that settled his nervousness, this was familiar. This was a known ground.