Nile

Milah had fantasies of nights like these, he would look his best, had his hair in a braid and he and Khal would leave the palace grounds with their hands intertwined.

Khal's warm body pressed against him as they sat by the banks of River Nile, his head placed on Khal's shoulders as they talked.

But instead they were in Khal's room conspiring on how to sneak past the palace guards, and leave for the Nile.

"I say we go through the back" Kani said out loud as she shifted the little wood on the cloth that had a sketch of the palace grounds, "But there are at least sixteen guard there" Khal countered with his arms around a silent Milah.

"Well how about the front?" Kani suggested moving the wood again to where she was talking about, shaking his head Khal moved the wood to another place and replied "I think this is a better choice", Milah just thinks they're having too much fun playing army generals.

"How about we leave the palace separately?" Milah voiced when he stopped being amused, Kani looked up from the paper with a glare, "Ay, I was having so much fun" she said with a pout on her lips as she wrapped the wood with the cloth and placed it on Khal's table.

Milah was guessing they knew all along that they could have just gone separately, but chose to still argue about it. What was he getting married into?!

"You just need to tell the guards not to follow you" Milah said as he got off Khal' bed, "Where are you going?" he heard Khal ask as he pulled on the dress he had borrowed from him.

"I'll be outside the gates waiting for you" Milah replied giving Khal a small kiss on the lips before adding "Don't bring the sister".

"Milah, that's hurtful, right here" Kani drawled as she pats her left breast, shaking his head Milah replied "My apologies" before leaving the room.

Sneaking out of Khal room through the backdoor, Milah made his way to the gardens; there was a passage that led to the outside of the palace gates.

Passing through the small door Milah walked a few feet away from the gates and waited for Khal to come out, the evening moon was coming out of its hiding place slowly, it was hidden behind a cloud but was still visible.

Hearing footsteps behind him Milah sneaked a look and smiled when he saw that it was Khal, coming out of his hiding place he held unto Khal arm and pulled him in the left direction saying "You haven't been in the city for so long, let me show you around".

"If you feel generous enough" Khal replied with a chuckle, his golden eyes shining with life, he looked so handsome, Milah did a mental swoon.

Dragging him into a street Milah said "There's this place where dancers come to show their talent" before adding "It happens only twice a month but there are regular dancers who got paid to entertain the crowd".

"Do you want to go there?" Milah asked, his excitement probably evident in his face as he urged Khal, pretending to think about it Khal mused "If something gets you this excited, I have to see it too" letting Milah pull him in the direction of the place.

When they got there the place was filled with people, on sits and standing, the stage was decorated with seemingly genuine gems but Milah knew someone who told him, the beautiful looking silver bowl was fake.

Men and women from the same and different status were mingling with each other and Milah could only tell them apart by their dressing, and jewelry. Lanterns were placed in precise places to make the room look bright.

"Do you want to sit?" Khal asked him as he looked around; shaking his head absentmindedly as he watched what was going on.

He actually preferred to watch them dance while standing, he felt connected that way.