Wishes

This chapter gave me so much feels I don't know how to handle it, *smashes window*...uh I mean *bakes cupcakes* :D

"Tell me Milah, how?" Nefertiti asked her eyes narrowed in a glare, he could not believe that this was his friend, the person he had spent the last seven years with.

"Khal gave it to me, Titi, I swear," he replied pleadingly, "How come I did not know about it till now, Milah?" she asked as she shook her head.

"Because you did not need to know" he lamented moving again to take the necklace, "Why do you lie Milah?" she said in a hushed tone, "I do not lie, I tell the truth Nefertiti, please" he replied taking the piece of jewelry out of her hands.

"I will get to the bottom of this Milah" she spoke softly before she left the room, banging the door behind her.

"There is no bottom," he murmured to the empty room, his words having no meaning.

Sitting on his bed, he placed his head into his hands with a sigh.

"What is this?"

"My mother's necklace"

"Why?"

"For my beloved, for you"

His Khal was not a thief; Khal was honest and would have told him the truth.

Groaning he fell back on his bed with a huff. The drama was getting too much for him to handle, he wished so badly that Khal was here, here to hold him when everything went wrong, there to whisper sweet nothings in his ear, there to cheer him up. There to love him.

He felt Khal's presence but did not understand why he felt it; to his body it was as if Khal was just a few feet away.

He wished so much that that was the case.

Feeling hungry, he got off the bed and made his way to the slave dining quarters. He still hadn't seen Thabit anywhere so he went to get his bowl of soup.

"Milah, where have you been?" he heard Jumoke's voice say turning in her direction he replied, "I went to visit my family". "Oh, how is my darling Anai?" she gushed with a bright smile.

Milah always wondered if Jumoke had something for Kasim, she was always sneaky when she asked about Anai. When you mentioned Anai, you had to mention Kasim.

"Anai is alright, Kasim is fine too" he replied with a fond smile when Jumoke blushed at Kasim's name and because he was always a bight ray of sunshine, he added "The children are alright too".

"Oh, get out you" Jumoke said as she thrust his bowl of soup in his hands. "Ask for bread from Chuma" she added waving him off with a playful glare.

"Jumoke asked me to get bread here," he said as he stood in front of Chuma's stall. "Good morning to you too" Chuma replied with a not so playful glare, smiling sheepishly Milah greeted "Good morning Chuma".

"You are in trouble" Chuma replied, the hairs at the back of Milah's head stood at an alert, "What do you mean?" he asked a tad bit scared.

"Three of prince Khaldun's men were looking for you, Milah what did you do this time?" Chuma asked with a sigh, "I haven't done anything Chuma, I swear".

Rolling his eyes Chuma replied, "Take your bread and move out of the way, you're holding the line" chuckling nervously Milah moved to find a sit, his eyes on the lookout.

He didn't understand what he did wrong, he had just went to see his family.

His appetite lost, he left for his room, eyes trained on the ground, "Milah, good morning" he heard Thabit say, looking up he glared.