Fight For Him

At first Milah had expected becoming a member of Alia's family would be a hardship, maybe he'd have to cut his precious hair or maybe he'd be ordered to wear a particular type of outfit but apart from a name change...he was pretty much the same.

It was rather easy to fit in, Alia adored him so openly, seeming to delight in the fact that she could call him her son now and would use every chance she got to call him that. Milah loved it, the affection that she showed, the calmness that he was covered with in her presence...she really was a mother to him.

Some nights they would spend their time sitting by the pond, Milah listening attentively to Alia's stories as his fingers played with the water absentmindedly. She would tell him stories of a boy so brave...so kind and so loving...Alia didn't need to tell him who she was referring to.

His room was right beside hers, the room so large it would echo with the lack of use of the space...it was empty, deprived of any emotional attachments.

Alia had a family cat...the crafty feline would walk around the house with her head up high as if sending a message to them that she was above them in every way. She had taken a particular liking to Milah...Well liking in the sense that he felt he was being enslaved by her. She was always on his shoulders and would paw at his hair and wouldn't eat any food given to her that wasn't by his hand.

Her big green eyes glowing in the dark as she crept into his room at night, giving his heart a huge beating the first time it happened. Zulu was her name and she was as beautiful as she was demonic.

On some nights when he would feel lonely he would wonder what Khal was doing, if he was eating and if he gave a slight thought to him. He has been there for five days now and hasn't heard a word from Khal...he didn't want to admit it but he was a tad bit scared.

What if the distance from him made Khal realize that he didn't want Milah anymore? What if some other person was keeping Khal company in all the ways Milah couldn't at the moment? Milah was scared. He was fearful.

Mornings at Alia's house was the loudest, all the hands getting up and ready for work, the loud shouts coming from every corner of the house as they went about with their duties. They treated Milah with respect which came as a surprise to him, he used to be a slave...All Alia's workers were free people...they should look down on him. But they didn't.

The whole atmosphere of his new home was affectionate, the workers seemed happy and when they ate they all ate together...like a family.

At one point Milah wondered why Alia would need him when she had such a support system, people who genuinely seemed to love her and had extended their love to him.

But with every day that passed, with every sun that fell of the sky and rose again he missed his Khal, he missed him so dearly. He missed his golden eyes as they reflected the light of the sun, he missed the way his lips trailed kisses down Milah's spine, he missed the way his arms wrapped around Milah and made him feel safe.

He wished Khal was there.

Waking up that morning Milah felt more groggy than usual, his feet touching the cold clay ground and feeling his whole body shiver at the harshness of the cold. He stumbled his way over to Alia's room to go and greet her only to realize she wasn't there as usual by this time of the morning. And the only thing that got her out of her room in the morning except Milah was a visitor, a very important visitor.

Walking down the stair case he made his way to the greeting area, his feet padding the smooth clay ground softly. He could hear voices coming from the visiting area so he walked carefully making sure he didn't make noise.