Marry?

To my new friend BlackBeardedKing...I tried but the ship isn't working out *Sobs loudly*

"Do you want to leave, Milah?"

"No but father wants me to"

His sister Anai loved him dearly; she would sing lullabies to him when they were younger with her cracking voice, not that Milah was any better at singing either.

He used to think she was a goddess when they were younger because she seemed so wise to his seven year old, she would speak in proverbs that even she did not understand but he still looked up to her.

Many things kept them together, that even distance did not deter the way they felt about each other.

Anai had a very handsome husband who was a blacksmith and she would talk all day about how he carries her around whenever she took in, Milah found it rather beautiful the way Kasim loved his sister.

How he took his position as the breadwinner very seriously, how well he was with his children, how he adored his Hemet.

Milah knows that if he was to be married he would be the caregiver, it was in his personality, and he loved taking care of people as odd as it sounds coming from a man but in all honesty, he loved taking care of people.

"Milah, he is beautiful..."

"I know Anai"

Many things happened in the years they had grown up; Anai got married and she carried her four children with joy.

Milah remembers coming to spend a few days with her and Kasim; she was everywhere bubbly and happy.

She had a sudden dislike for her favorite food, a food Milah and she loved equally, she had been so annoyed when Milah would intentionally sit in front of her chomping on the food with a grin.

A grin all of Anai's children seemed to have inherited to everybody's misfortune.

"Al, come back here!"

"Kahid, stop biting your sister"

"Milah, pull them apart!"

Sighing he got off the very comfortable spot on the mat and dragged his sore feet to his niece and nephew and pulled them apart.

"Uncle Milah!" they both chorused as he pulled them to their devil-eyed mother, who had her hands on her waist as she stared at them intensely.

"Who started it?" she asked with one of her eye brows arched, Milah felt like hiding in a corner.

"He started it ma, I swear" Al said as she pointed at her brother who rolled his eyes with his lips squeezed in a pout, reminding Milah of his younger self.

Their other siblings Menes and Amon were sniggering in the far corner of the room, away from their mother. Smart children.

"How is Titi?" his sister asked when they reached the backyard after they had put the children to sleep for the fourth time that evening.

"She is alright" he replied not in the mood of talking about what happened.

"Is she still trying to marry the most handsome man in Egypt?" she asked with a fond smile, nodding his head he said "She is, however I think Thabit fancies her".

Anai burst out in laughter "You are a clueless one, are you not?" she asked with a small shake of her head. He frowned, had he mistaken?

"I do not understand" he replied looking at his sister closely in the dimly lit backyard, "Thabit wants you to marry him" she stated as she stared at him.