No Grand Occasion

Love had a funny way of coming at you, indisputably it played hide and seek on the way but it still leads you to the path that has been destined to you. Milah hadn't been the type that believed in destiny, he was the 'Your life is what you make it' type of person.

But standing here, in Khal's bedroom, made him recall some words he had said himself.

"A fortune teller told me I was destined to marry royalty, what do you think about that?"...Apparently sometimes, fate does apply.

Had he know, If only he had connected the dots, he would have realized it earlier in his story, he would have found Khal much earlier than he did. He would have been kissing him behind the palace a while back.

But now wasn't time for such thoughts, no, now was the time to enjoy the impending marital bliss.

After he and Khal had arrived at the palace on a horse, which honestly Milah preferred over the camels, they didn't feel awkward and they didn't sway him from side to side besides the horse felt sturdy between his thighs.

There was a large procession on their way to the palace, singing and dancing as the people followed Milah and Khal to the palace. It wasn't until the door to Khal's room had been closed did reality settle on him.

"Oh my Ra, what if he doesn't like me?"

Milah whispers with his eyes wide and watery, his palms pressed on both sides of his face as he paced Khal's room, his teeth digging into his lower lip.

Thoughts rushing through his head as he imagined all the ways this could go wrong, Khal's father could say no to their marriage, he could say yes but hate him, he could just throw him out of the palace without even seeing Milah, and then Milah would live his life sad and alone worshipping cats for the rest of his life.

"I never thought you of a cat lover" Khal says from where he sat on the bed with a small smile on his face as he watched Milah pace in front of him. "My father would love you, just as much as I do...well hopefully not that much" he trails off with a thoughtful look on his face.

"What if he says I can't marry you?" Milah asks worriedly with a frown on his face, looking at Khal intently so he could try and see through his façade, he couldn't be this calm on the inside really, they were about to meet the pharaoh, well the pharaoh was his father so...

"Milah, stop panicking and come here" Khal murmurs with a small smile on his face, beckoning Milah to come closer and take a sit on his leg softly, resting his head on Khal's shoulders.

"I just..." he trails off with a sigh closing his eyes tightly as he wished to be engulfed in darkness, the silence of the room made him feel restless and in a few moments after he sat on Khal's legs, he moves to stand up.

Pulling Milah back against him with his arm tightly placed on Milah's waist, Khal whispers softly, "I love you, and if he isn't fine with us getting married...then he's lost me, I cannot imagine losing u again".

Nodding slowly as he looked at how serious Khal's eyes were, "Alright..." he whispered before placing a kiss on Khal's lips.

A knock stops the kiss from going anywhere and soon Kani strides into the room like she owned it. She had on a white over one shoulder dress and had blue eye shadow and khol around her eyes, she looked beautiful.

"Well well well, brother in law" she says to Milah with a smirk on her lips before coming closer to give him a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. Chuckling into her hair he wants to tell her that technically he hadn't married Khal yet...But quickly rethinks it. He shall not put doubts in his head.

"I missed you!" she murmurs against his ears softly, sticking her tongue out to Khal as she sits on a bench in front of the northern window. It had a beautiful view of the palace gardens and Milah would love waking up daily with the fresh smell of flowers.