||prologue||

Excerpted from the book:

"Please... leave me!" She wriggled as his grip grew steely on her arm.

Ignoring her desperate pleas, he simply shouted with rage. "Silence!"

He was hauling her into the somewhat deserted building, as the lights sporadically flickered above. He held her forearm, in a death-like grip, ruthlessly shoving her inside the lift.

Her sandals must have slipped off during his brutal dragging since it seemed she could feel the coolness of marble flooring beneath her feet. She watched with trembling lips as he stabbed the number '9' with his finger and the lift started ascending towards the destination he was seeking.

"W-where are you taking me?" Her voice cracked as she asked, with tears brimming in her eyes.

"To hell." He glared daggers at her and simultaneously, gnashed cruelly. The tears trickled down and she started sobbing with fear engulfing her. The lift doors had barely opened before he resumed his tight grip on her arm and began to pull her limp body along with him. The only sound that echoed throughout the corridor were her cries - laments that wracked throughout her body, sobs that were laced with true helplessness.

He simply ignored this and swiped a card indoor mechanism and with a 'beep' signalling the door opening. Her heart lurched in the chest but drowned in the dark abyss surrounding it. The black dreading feeling inside her starkly contrasted against the brightly lit rooms inside. He ferociously pushed her towards the left, where she stumbled into a room. Her eyes didn't adjust to the darkness in time, causing to trip over her lehnga (toe length embellished skirt) and fall onto the cold, hard floor - he simply strode in after her blundering form and punched the light switches on.

By this point, she was trembling but her tears had somewhat dried up and the body had turned cold when he kicked and locked the door shut. The fear she had for the Beast at that moment was immeasurable to the countless moments before.
Her heart dropped into her stomach and breaths became laboured, as he with clenched jaw sauntered towards her.

"N-no," She got up shakily and began to put distance between them.

"Please....l-leave me," She stammered. Fear of upcoming moments shredded her.

Slap!

The thundering resonance of a rough, calloused palm against her smooth cheek echoed throughout the room.
The Beast had slapped her, with as much might and strength he could muster - the force of which had thrown her onto the bed.

"Bitch, you think you could get away with trying to fool me? You didn't think I was going to discover what was behind the innocent facade you put up?" He sneered and grabbed her, by chunks of her honey-brown hair, hidden inside the veil.

"Please, I haven't done anything - I promise I haven't done anything, l-let me go, I b-beg you." Her body was no longer in control of tremors and all she could do now was mewl.

"You're just like your bastard of a brother - you're exactly the same, bitch!" His harsh tugs on her veil forced the numerous pins undone, clattered to the ground, messing up hairdo completely.

"No! Please!"

She wanted to vanish from his eyes and forget the unforgivable pain of this moment but her unveiled body was shivering uncontrollably, unable to stay sane anymore. She shielded her body behind her shaking, thin arms, preparing for the worst to come.

His phone suddenly rang, echoing off the walls of the room yet, he took no notice and carried on with the task at hand.

He was unbuckling his belt.

Her crystal brown orbs fluttered close involuntarily, as she uttered repeated no's and pleas but to no avail - the belt must have come loose as she could comprehend the noise of the belt slapping towards the ground before heavy footsteps began to move towards her shaking form.

"Mercy!" With one last thread of hope, "Don't do this." She pleaded to the Beast.

"Quench my thirst!"

His onyx eyes had predatory gleam. He was in Beast Mode.

****

Read, Vote and Comment.

Follow me on Instagram:
Blissfullyelegant9