Chapter 38 - Mirror, Mirror.. On The Wall

Noor's POV:

'Ohh beast! Want to take tea off my hand?' I added two teaspoons of salt in one cup instead of sugar... I made it utterly unseen by Hajrah.

"Noor baby! Your husband is very handsome...must be very rich?" I jumped a bit when Hajrah spoke in my ear, while she was placing the kebab's dish in the trolley.

"Hmmm." I only hummed in reply. I don't know why he is handsome to others, but for me, he is a Beast only... I didn't like him, what he did do last night with me?

Arrangedd my doom night... But somehow I managed to stay him away. But he kissed me again n again.

Quite roughly, that lead my lips to gone swell... I was feeling ashamed on my face. So I applied a thick coat of lipstick, just against my habit, as I was never habitual of this artwork on my face.

"What hmm? Tell me if he takes care of you?" Hajrah was my so kind-hearted maid almost family-like.

Alas! She was a widow, and her husband was a policeman...got killed in some police encounters and left her with two kids alone....but she kept smiling and continued struggling for her kids to let them lead an easy, happy life, and she was successful in this.

"Hajrah! What do you think, about him?" I was securely stirring the salt in the cup, just not to spill the tea out in the saucer. I rebounded her question.

"Baby, if I'm not wrong." Hajrah just grabbed my shoulder and turned me towards her. I saw her eyes were on my lips, "What?" As I asked nervously - a slit appeared in her pursed lips, most resembling a cautious, naughty, suppressed smile. "He is crazy about you." My heart started drumming vigorously when she added it with her calibrated smiling gaze.

"Tea...tea is going to be cool!" I felt a sudden urge to drink water as I gulped a glued limp in my throat with all my might.

"Hahaha! Look at you! He is husband, my dear, no one can't forbid him for this craziness." Hajrah chuckled meaningfully, then turned to pick a tissue box from the counter and placed it on the trolley's bottom base.

I just batted my lashes and took a glimpse of the trolley...

Two tea cups...

Salted for beast...

I memorized the salted cup...

Chicken rolls...?

Kebab dish....?Biscuits.....?

Ketchup.....?

Plates and forks....?

Water jug and glass...?

"Noor baby, take the trolley to the drawing room." Hajrah bit poked in a teasing manner.

"Sorry beast ... I had to do it to repay you for what you did last night......
Hugh.....how dare you?"

I was taking a trolley with a bit of nervousness. As I reached the threshold. I saw him in a gray waistcoat over an ash-white shirt, sleeves folded upward, sitting in a very easy posture, listening very keenly to my mom.