Chapter 57 - Petrichor & Burning Tobacco

Faraan's POV:

Like two birds with same stone, an idea flickered in my mind, I invited my friend Raja with his spouse at resort, as well as, one of an Arab delegate was on review tour...

Despite inviting them at home or restaurant, this natural view resort was perfect place to spend holiday itself.

That resort was all natural, with purposefully plantation of beneficial plants, like many herbs were cultivated as cash crops.....

Here in, I invested with a futuristic approach. Like an avocado Farm there was my brain child.
Firstly the land was so fertile. Secondly, proper rain system, throughout the year. Thirdly it's so moderately pleasant weather. But along with all artificial efforts, the natural charisma was still intact. The glacial lake, mountains with streamlets, mini falls ...flower beds. Forestry with nominal wild life. Yeah, naughty baboons tribe could be find with all their bluffs.

Noor, pick up the phone....

I was calling her for 15 minutes, she wasn't answering. I called Abdullah, he was here to manage and serve the guests. He told me he himself wasn't around, but at a tea stall of his friend.

So, soon the delegate left, with my P.A, as I signalled him to windup. I reached at my hut...

Hut was empty, only her sweet scent was there to welcome me, but my peace got contaminated.

Near the shore, I heard female voices, but Noor was not in them.
Suhana was there, playing with her decent friends.

Ughh.....

Searching outside of the hut, In garden, I saw her books n phone on the bench ...

'Is ko to koi bander bhi aghwa kersakta hai'
(Any baboon alone can kidnap her)

I thought as a matter of fact..

'Where is she.'

My worry grew....

If she wasn't on jungle expedition, no doubt, the area was quite safe, but again, I can't take risk on her...Once I told you a story (may be in chapter 15) which I read in my childhood, I read that a Wizard had his life in a bird, no body can kill him until the bird is alive. Now I understand that to the bits. She is my life and it's enough to be enligtment.

"Noor!"

I heard myself resounding in meadow. Came no reply and that was the point to ponder.

"Noor!"

A series of pine and fur trees, the forest part was ahead....

After calling her many times, I found no reply. My veins felt Poisoned, that polluted my mind..

I reached at the stream, which was starting of the dense forest. Water was falling in pond, while making sound & suds.

Beep..beep..

Message tone resonated, just like through my heart. Jumping out of my skin, I produced my phone at once from my my pant pocket.
But suddenly another sound made me flick into another direction...

Hmmm........

There was no one....

I slowly moved into the direction and then...

Thhick.....

I heard again, at my back.....what the heck. I turned and saw nothing but soon a familiar rustling sound made me turn around again.