Chapter 31 - Shelter Home

Salaar's POV:

"Salaar beta!"

I heard Mom, calling me. I was in the lounge, drowned in whirlpools of remorse.

"Yes, mom!" I stood up and walked towards the mother's room.

"Yes, mom!"

I inquired as I stood at the threshold.

"Salaar! Come inside, Sit here my son."

Mom was patting her hand beside herself signaling me to sit.

I nodded and came inside...

"Salaar beta! I'm a bit relieved, after talking with my Daughter." I felt somehow an indefinable comfort in my mother's voice.
"Son! Your ex-boss is very dominant and renowned in the business community; you betrayed him." Mom was staring at me with painful eyes.

If I knew that I will be targeted in this way, I wouldn't have dared to ditch Faraan even in my dream.

"Yes, mother."

I only replied gazing at the floor.

"Beta! he kidnapped our Noor, but didn't disgrace her...he didn't do anything which he could be. Son, he forcefully bound her in his Nikkah. He is revengeful but he has enough humanity that he opted for the legal way; he gave Noor, his name... I'm afraid, of how my poor doll is going through all this."

Mom was wiping her silent tears and I was praying inwardly this be true. Because Faraan's vengeance is lethal.

"We are passing through our testimonials, all destined by Allah!"

'Allah! Keep Faraan, gentle towards my innocent sister'

I secretly prayed and heard Mother saying. "You know Noor! How innocent she is......how weak-hearted was she...But when I listened to her voice... On the phone....."  Mother paused and started looking at my face. I knew, how my mother was feeling at that time. "Salaar beta! She was not our little Noor, she was some grown-up Noor."

I felt Mother's voice now drenched..so my heart squeezed.

"Beta!"

Mother turned my face towards her.

"Yes, mom!"

It was my third time repeating Yes Mom as I had nothing to say.

I saw my mom's eyes had a plea inside.

"Salaar beta! Go and make a heartiest apology to him, so he will allow Noor to meet us."

......sigh...

"I know without this, he won't allow her to meet us, beta! you have to do it for your younger sister."

"Mom."

I just held my mom's hand in mine and make a peck on her forehead...

"I will do it...tomorrow I will go to Faraan's office...I will .....I will beg for my sister... Mom, don't worry!"

I assured my mom and stood up with a full burdened heart...

I was going to my room, with tired steps...loser's steps...

Mom was right, my sister wasn't like that...She didn't cry....on the phone.

Why?

She absorbed such an injustice with her, so calmly...

My sister must be upset with me...

Ya, Allah!

How will, I meet my gaze with my little sister?