Six Feet Under

UPDATE: The author has changed cover since the review.

Word Count: 1425

Title: Six Feet Under

Genre: Mystery/Thriller

Blurb:

Sisters Madison and Adelaide Greene lead a charmed life, to the outside eye, living in a seemingly perfect beach town on the East Coast. Then everything changed when their mother was found murdered in her bedroom.

In a town so determined to be perfect, it is an inescapable fact that everybody harbors secrets of their own. The Greene sisters are hiding something just like everybody else, but their secrets might have less to do with perfection and more to do with their freedom.

[A murder mystery told in reverse-chronological order]

*********NEW BLURB**********

A privileged town.

    A perfect family.

    A murder that turned the town upside down.

    A pair of sisters who might not be as perfect as everyone wants to believe.

    [A murder mystery told in reverse chronological order]

Status: Completed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: It looks pretty and professional. If the cover maker's name wasn't staring back at us like they were your mother, I would think this was a published book. However, it does contradict the title, but I think it fits the theme you got going on, so no points lost here.

Title (new): Again, it fits the mystery theme. It's pretty short, catchy, and easy to remember—it's good. No points lost.

Summary: *Sigh*

Everything was going great until you ruined my vibe.

Why?

The summary you sent me in your form, was so great. Just from it alone, I actually wanted to vote for your book.

But then you spat on me, and everyone else with this new summary that thinks they are a hot shot. Let me tell you something Talia, that summary is trying to make your life worse, it hates you, and it doesn't do anything for the story, except making me not want to read on. Throw it in the trash. (-5)

Plot: It's going to go in reverse, and one of the sisters killed the mom (I'm guessing!!).

Opening thoughts: Lord.

-There's an extended summary. *sobs*

-You could have just called it an "Introduction," or a "Prologue."

-Now I have crabs. (-1)

-First sentence is high key a mess, and I'm sobbing because this story actually looks interesting.

-I know your using repetition on purpose, but you're executing it poorly. Its making you look like you have a very narrow vocabulary. (-4)

-Excerpt: "Welcome to Clairmont Cove, the beachside city to end all beachside cities along the East Coast, the city of perfect scenery, perfect weather, perfect families, and perfect people.  "