The Right Choice

Word Count: 2334

UPDATE: The author has changed cover since the review.

Title: The Right Choice

Genre: Romance

Blurb: Lucy Robinson at the age 13 enters an international singing competition that takes place in the future called ''So You Think You Can Sing,'' and when she is primarily one of the top finalists, loses to another girl and is forced to start a new life, in a new town, forced to make new friends for ''her own benefit'' as her mother has always said.

7 years later, Lucy is starting out her first year in college, focusing on a different career than the one her younger self-had wanted and even though she says she is happy, she is secretly upset at the fact that she lost. She mentally has tried to move on but has failed to do so and throughout the story, needs guidance from her roommate, Jake Forests, as he to, holds on to something that happened in the past and has changed ever since.

Jake and Lucy become friends over time and sooner or later become something more than that but in the end, will they be able to hold on and let go and make the right choices along the way?

Status: Ongoing

~~~~~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: Oh, I know this cover maker! Sadly though, the cover is very standard. Or how the youngsters say, basic. I can't always blame the cover makers because sometimes authors/writers just don't have solid cover ideas. Which is okay, but it usually turns out like this or worse. I'm feeling nice today, so no points will be taken off since it isn't ugly and fits the genre. Although, it doesn't look very professional and if I was browsing Wattpad for a read I wouldn't click on it, so take that as you wish.

Title: I'm very neutral about it, again, I don't really have anything that bad to say about it. It isn't horrible, and I think it fits the story's genre.

Summary: Yikes. It seems like once I read the summary for most people's books—it gets rough quickly. The first red flag I can see is that you aren't writing out your numbers. Any numbers that are three digits or less—should be written out in all of their glory. Personally, I write out all of them even if they're more. You do it more than once and my eye is twitching because of it.

-The second red flag is that the first chunk of text is only one sentence and I'm pretty sure my blood pressure shouldn't be rising this quickly. A period will not hurt you (menstruation will).

-The first sentence needs to be re-written.

-Suggestion: Thirteen year old, Lucy Robinson, enters an international competition that takes place in the nearby future (??? Either be specific or don't mention it at all. Will this affect the plot as a whole? Is this taking place in some futuristic setting? If so, elaborate on it. Or did you just mention this because you didn't know what to say?) called, "So you Think You Can Sing." Quite quickly she is one of the top two finalist, and loses to the other contestants. With her dream all too suddenly washed away from her fingertips, she is forced to start a new life, in a new town, filled with possible friends or foes.

-The next chunk paragraph isn't as horrendous, well, besides the part where you referred to the character's journey as a "story." That felt odd. Though it can be pulled off in some instances, however, it doesn't do anything for your summary but weaken it. I'll advise you to simply say "journey" or "voyage." Also, this sentence (you know what I'm talking about) should have ended after "Jake Forests."