The Outbacker Enigma (N)

[Took me long enough, but it's here! I'm finally free to fuck off! *Stands up and dances* *Looks at queue* *Sits back down*]

Word Count: 2657

Title: The Outbacker Enigma

Genre: Teen Fiction

Blurb:

Fitting in. It's the most widely-known concept to high schoolers. But when August Omeria moves to Alabama, fitting in is the last thing she'll do, especially after she meets the Outbackers.

An enigmatic aura enveloping them at all times, these boys practically scream danger and mystery. Whether it's being chased by ruthless gangs, cliff-diving for the heck of it, or bike racing in the midst of a tornado, they've been through it all.

So when August stumbles upon the group doing drugs in the forest behind her house and into Aris Kender while he's escaping the town's most brutal criminals, she doesn't quite know how to react - to be enchanted by their unfathomable, alluring nature or be intimidated by their precarious way of living.

In a turn of unlikely events, August finds herself a spot in the group. But everyone knows that when two differing forces clash, all hell breaks loose.

~CURRENT SUMMARY (at least outside of the book)~

❝Only the good die young.❞

After moving to a small town in Alabama, August Omeria joins a group of enigmatic boys -- the Outbackers -- in a turn of unlikely events.

Status: Ongoing

~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: Fits well for the genre it's in, and is aesthetically pleasing. However, it doesn't say much about the story but it does set a mood? Oh fine, no points lost.

Title: Stands out, I don't think I've ever seen it before, and it definitely caught my attention when it was requested. No points lost.

Blurb:

-Yo! There's a plot here! A clear plot for the win! *hollers* *parakeet screeches* *cowbells...burp* *types out nonsense*

-Though I don't read teen fiction there are some that occasionally catch my attention and are passable enough to indulge whenever I'm seeking some fluff--and this is one of those cases. It doesn't feel all that fresh, but again the story's characters, setting, and overall concept is laid out pretty clear-cut, so there's not much to complain about. No points lost. Woohoo!

Plot: Girl moves to new town, girl meets The Outsiders right in the flesh!--and then that's when everything turns into Where The Wild Things Are. Kidding. I don't know. Let's find out!

Opening thoughts:

*Skips past "Aesthetic Boner from 2014"*

-The playlist isn't actually that bad, but it is cliche and playlists are so annoying. I really wanna dub points for it. Kinda petty. Kinda don't care. *Puckers up lips until they reach the bridge of my nose* (-1)

-Alert to Wattpad writers: no one cares about your music taste! *Britney Spears' voice* "Quit forcing your suckage on me, you tired hag[s]!"

-Okay, I'm done whining.

-Currently wading through some Augustus Caeser nonsense (yeah, weird huh?) and I'm trying to find the relevancy and the point of it even happening and I've failed to find one. Apparently August thinks they're the "same person" and have some type of relation to how they go about things? I don't know, it's practically gibberish prose at it again that NO ONE in the comments will point out of course.