Memory of Lips

UPDATE: The author has changed cover since the review.

Word Count: 1776

Title: Love Happens~~~~New title: Memory of Lips

Genre: Romance

Blurb: Dr. Meredith Grey has her life planned out for her. After losing her husband to a car crash three years ago, she has finally got her life together. However, everything changes one night when she meets a guy named Adrian Cooper. What's so special about this guy? Nothing, except he looks exactly like Meredith's dead husband.

~~~~~~~NEW BLURB~~~~~

   "He couldn't finish his sentence. He couldn't finish his sentence because I cut him short by flinging my arms around him and crashing my lips against his.        Our tongues duelled for power and control as he held me close to his body. His left hand was now tangled in my hair, and his right hand had slipped under my shirt and was splayed on my bare lower back. Our mouths were fused together, fitting perfectly into each other like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. I couldn't get over the feeling of kissing him again, of tasting him again. It had been so long. Far too long. I had even forgotten what it felt like to kiss him - what his sweet lips tasted like. But, boy, his lips tasted sweeter than I remembered. They were soft, warm, moist and compliant, yet hard and demanding and controlling at the same time."        **************        This is not your typical love story. This is an out of the box story with lots of romance, fluff, drama, twists and turns, intrigue and suspense, and obviously sex thrown in! Not even remotely similar to the movie of the same name.   

Status: Ongoing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting Points: 30

Cover:

-It's horrendous. I can go on all day on how bad it is, but it's pretty horrid. The last one was pretty ugly as well, but this one isn't any better. I don't know what's worse; the fact that it looks like an ad for12 Corazones on Telumondo/Spanish soap opera, or that your name (at least your username) isn't on it OR that even the title of the book isn't on it??

-Really?

-I suggest throwing a can of "whoop ass" to whoever tried you with this cover. (-8)

Title: Personally, I much preferred the original title. I'm really failing to see the relevance to "The Memory of Lips," it's not bringing any positive thoughts to mind. (-2)

Summary: Oh my god...

-This isn't even a summary, it's just an excerpt from a scene of two characters making out, and then a disclaimer saying that the story isn't a "typical love story."

-Um, you aren't giving a good argument to lead anyone to believe that...

-I didn't even know there was a movie with the same title, but that really makes me want to see if yours really is alike. This really isn't a good first impression, there are red flags being thrown everywhere at possible readers. Why would you do this to yourself?

-There's even a spelling error in the excerpt, I'm cringing really hard right now.

*Dueling*

-Anyway, I just read your old summary, and it was so much better! I want to shake you, man. Stop this foolery, and put the old one back! The old summary actually gave people what the plot is going to be about, and replacing it with a poor excerpt made your story a basic fanfiction/romance. Love yourself. (-8)