Broken Glass

UPDATE: The author has changed the cover since the review.

Word Count: 1754

Title: Broken Glass

Genre: LGBT+ General Fiction

Blurb: Three friends are about to start a promising life together, but one night's mistake will lead to a disaster worse than any of them ever imagined.

~~NEW SUMMARY~~

Sometimes one bad decision can destroy lives. Gentle Alexander, his serious boyfriend Isaiah and their closest friend Eden are in for much more than they expected once their lives connect. Eden's invaluable cleaning skills, combined with the boys' stable relationship, feels like the life they always dreamed of having, until it becomes apparent that a certain one's love is far from platonic. Within the ensuing chaos, none of the three will know until it's too late that one night's mistake and the word of a frightened accomplice will shatter their peace forever. Contains some mildly sexual content.

Status: Completed

~~~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: Yikes. It is horrible. The author's name isn't even on the cover. How do you forget to do that.....(-10)

Title: Okay. It matches the cover: It's there. That's it. It isn't bad though. The cover is just so bad that I feel...unexcited.

Summary: Well, now I have a bad taste in my mouth.

-This is horrendous. To be specific, the first sentence is so ugly I just broke out in hives. "Gentle Alexander, his serious boyfriend Isaiah and their closest friend Eden are in for much more than they expected once their lives connect."

*Stares at the screen in disgust*

-Man, if you don't go to the Improve Your Writing Thread and find someone to write you a good summary...

-Okay! I'll try not to be so mean this time. The summary isn't good, and it needs to be rewritten pronto. Whenever you get the chance...kill this summary with fir--Hey! *Slightly-Less Mean me shuts Brutally Mean me's mouth* You shut up! Stop being an asshole, this person has feelings. Hey there...never mind what the other one just said, just delete this summary and start from scratch because it...isn't good. *Pats your back*

-I'm going to have to take this friend. (-5)

Plot: This is going to be a love triangle. (There maybe some cray dram, dunno) Move along.

Opening thoughts:

-The opening line isn't horrible, but it isn't great either. It's incredibly underwhelming. Actually, it needs some touching up. Correction: At seven in the morning, Edin had left her home[.] [T]he first thing she felt was relief. (-2)

-Anyway, I'm reading, and I'm reading, and I come to a revelation: the writing isn't terrible. In fact, it's actually quite good. This writer, contrary to what I was thinking before, isn't bad at writing. They just can't write summaries. What a shame. The problem I'm now realizing is that this story is a bit...boring. Maybe it is because the introduction was so drab, including the summary, that it sucked all of my anticipation. So now? Now I feel like a hollow shell. Or maybe it's because I just watched Brokeback Mountain...again. We may never know.

-Lord. I don't think I can do this. The boredom is actually eating me alive, not to mention my eyelids want to fall into my asshole!

-*Takes a two hour break*