Charred Bones (N)

Word Count: 3308 (Shut the fuck up already! You have shit to do bitch!)

Title: Charred Bones

Genre: Fantasy

Blurb:

They say she roams the sea and sky

Mercilessly slaughtering anyone who crosses her path

The bright red coat she wore covered in her victims blood

The name given to her showed others just how she truly was

Rose Shrike as beautiful as a rose and as deadly as the Shrike itself.

After the Disaster of 2026' the world was left in shambles. The 7 continents thrusted against each other, breaking off different continents and with the help of The Goddess of Time, reforming into the nine Kingdoms of Zybeli.

But that wasn't the only change put among the world.

From the ashes of 26', a new species rises, the Huboans. However, the humans who weren't killed off shunned the Huboans, forcing them to get by on their own. With the large oceans separating each kingdom, the Huboans find a way of getting the resources needed, thus, piracy takes over once again as it did in the past.

Cästalia Morel is a Huboan, and many Huboans harbor a special gift, a gift which is wanted by many.

After facing betrayal, she strikes a deal with a long time foe, agreeing to sail across the sea, and sky, to find an item lost in time: The Cloak of Agailia. This item is said contain a power of a god, powerful enough to take out an entire army.

However, when the stakes are high and actions are questioned, Cästalia realizes that there's a reason it was lost.

Because some things aren't meant to be found.

~NEW VERSION~

In the land of Zybeli, masks are the only thing keeping everyone safe.

They had always called the War Of 2050 a terrible time for humanity. A meteor crash that brought the world to its knees, and a hybrid alien species that rose from the ashes of Earth.

And from those ashes, a new species rises, the Huboans. However, the humans who weren't killed off shunned the Huboans, forcing them to get by on their own. Thus, piracy takes over once again as it once did in the past. Over a century later in a newly formed Earth named, "Zybeli," nine kingdoms control each part of the world.

Cästalia Morel is a Huboan, and many Huboans harbor a special gift, one that is wanted, and hated by many. Being able to wield the power of fire is a destructive thing, for it can create life, or destroy it. With this knowledge, she shields it away from everyone, including her sister who only bears pure hatred for the aliens.

When things go south, she strikes up a deal with Krona Anele, a ruthless Pirate who only cares for himself. Stopping the oppression of her kind by stealing a valuable item from a goddess seems easy to her, compared to the kind of life she has been living up until now.

But when secrets are spilled and masks are taken off, Cästalia realizes that there's a reason it was lost-

Because some things aren't meant to be found.

Status: Ongoing

~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: It looks unprofessional, but it's also trying to appear like it isn't. Plus, the skull isn't aligned symmetrically with the girl's face, the eyes are super wonky (what's going on there?), and the blending can be better, but I can still say it's decent at least. There is certainly effort put into it, and it's doing enough to not make me hate it so no points lost.