Chapter 4: The Secret

A/N: (I figured I should mention before I start this chapter that Lavender is ALIVE, and Lucius Malfoy is not in Azkaban! Thanks for reading)

Dear Mum,

You told me to write you if something 'happened'; so, I am. I'm getting headaches, horrible ones, and I've never suffered from any sort of Cephalgia. They keep getting worse. It started out as a simple annoyance, but the pain has gotten so bad I've begun to lose consciousness when they occur. What's happening to me? I was going to go to the infirmary, but I am writing to you first. Write me back as soon as you get this.

D.M

Hermione's POV

I knocked at the Gryffindor common room, and it was opened almost immediately by Seamus. "Hermione!" He exclaimed, and embraced me in a hug.

"It's good to see you, Seamus," I said, letting go.

"Where have you been all night?" Dean appeared beside Seamus who smiled, ushering me inside.

"I was in my common room, I'm Head girl," I said happily, walking through the portrait into the common room.

I saw Harry, Ron, and Ginny sitting by the fire, it didn't look like they'd noticed my entrance yet. "Aye, that's great," Seamus said, "So who's Head boy?"

I hesitated to answer. "Malfoy," I said, sighing and putting a hand to the back of my neck.

"Why him?" Dean asked me, but he didn't seem angry as my friends had.

"McGonagall seems to think he'll do a great job," I said, confidently, "I'll help him if I can."

Seamus and Dean nodded. "Well, we gotta go, see you around!" They left through the portrait I had just arrived through.

At their goodbyes, Harry and Ron turned to face me, Ginny continued to look down at her work. Harry smiled, and Ron did the same, but his face was slightly red. I think I might have blushed a bit. "Hi, guys," I said.

Ginny looked up, and motioned for me to sit beside her on the love seat, which I did. "How's your common room?" she asked, smiling.

"Its a wonderful place," I said passionately, "The password is 'Aparecium' if any of you every want to come visit."

She nodded, and then whispered, "Did you talk to Malfoy yet?" She asked devilishly.

Oh no, here it comes. I laughed quietly. "Not really, but I had a run in with him in his room earlier," I said, leaving out some of the details.

She raised an eyebrow. "His room, huh?"

"Yeah," I said, but my smile disappeared. By now Ron and Harry had noticed our conversation and were listening. I raised my voice slightly. "He was having a fit in his sleep or something. He was on the floor," I explained, "I leaned him up against his bed when he had calmed down a bit, and then I just... left."

Harry looked confused. "Why were you in his room in the first place?" Ron asked slowly and curiously.

"I had heard him from the hallway," I stated, matter-of-factly, "Like I said, he was in a lot of pain."

Harry shrugged and went back to his book, but Ron looked down at his lap. Ginny turned back to me, her voice back down to a whisper. "There's a lot of girls who would love to take your place," she laughed, "I was talking with Parvarti and Lavender in our dorm room, and they literally couldn't stop talking about him. I almost gagged."

I smirked. "Yeah if only he wasn't a jerk, he'd be all mine," I teased.

Ginny laughed out loud, and Harry and Ron turned to us confusedly before continuing in their own conversation.