Chapter 31: The Finale

(A/N: This is the LAST chapter guys! I'm very sorry about the qterrible, horrible way I plan on ending it, but I'm just excited to get started on my next fanfic which is gonna be out within like 24 hours.

The fic's gonna have Draco in it, but I'm actually not sure who's gonna be the girl??? Thinking Ginny, but I am totally open to suggestions y'all.

I'm not gonna add any more after this, so please don't ask or I'm just gonna feel bad :(Thanks for reading!

Narrators POV

The rest of the ball had gone very smoothly for everyone so far. At some point, Draco had gone off with his Mother to go talk with other guests, and Hermione found herself alonewith Ginny, and they were sitting at a table together with drinks, enjoying each others company.

"That was quite a kiss you and him had earlier," Ginny said finally, smirking.

Hermione's face turned a bit red. "You saw that?" She mumbled into her cup.

"I think the entire hall did," Ginny joked, and Hermione almost spat out what she had just drank.

Seeing her reaction, Ginny laughed. "Totally kidding," she said, still giggling, "It was relatively subtle actually, me and Harry were just dancing near you."

Hermione smiled. "Thank Merlin," she said, face still red.

"Well now that we're done with that," Ginny continued, leaning in slightly, "Are you gonna tell me what's been going on with you? Why did you almost faint for the second time earlier?"

Hermione sighed, and waited a few seconds before she answered. "It's not just me," she started, and exhaled again, "It's been happening to Draco, too."

"But why?"

"It's because it's his birthday in less than three weeks. And now that we're together all the time anyway, I suppose fate is getting... impatient," Hermione explained.

She laughed softly, but Ginny kept a straight face. "Doesn't that mean-"

"Yes!" Hermione exclaimed, interrupting her suddenly and briefly losing composure.

She dropped her head into her hands. "We need to 'mate', that's what it means," she continued, "But I want to be in control of what happens to me, Gin, and I can't stand that I can't do this at my own pace."

Hermione groaned briefly in furstration, and leaned back in her chair, as did Ginny. "You want my advice?" Ginny asked, and Hermione nodded.

There was a few seconds of silence as they sat there before Ginny continued, leaning back in. "Just go for it," she explained, "You want to choose when this happens, then do it."

Hermione raised an eyebrow, and Ginny sighed, slightly exasperated. "Don't play dumb with me," She continued, smiling, "You love each other!"

Hermione looked down into her now empty cup, but then looked back up at Ginny, smiling. "You think so?" She asked hopefully.

"Well," Ginny scoffed lightly, "I really can't tell you that, can I? Here, look over at him," she told her, pointing over to where Draco was standing with his mother.

"Why?" Hermione asked again.

"Do it."

Hermione turned around, and tilted her head to look at Draco, and Ginny did the same, watching both of them. They saw that him and his Mother were standing and talking to an older couple, but Narcissa was doing most of the conversation.

"He's so bored," Hermione said, smirking.

Within seconds of her watching, Draco could sense her eyes on him and he turned around. When he saw Hermione, she could see and feel his demeanor change as well as her own. He smiled affectionately at her, and she smiled back.