Chapter 30: The Ball

Hermione's POV

Ginny was about to open the door, but before she could, I stopped her. "Gin," I stopped her, "wait."

She drew her hand away from the handle, and came back to me. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

Yes. My head was starting to spin again, not unlike yesterday in Draco's room, and I was starting to feel weak. "I'm getting... dizzy... again," I got out, trying to keep my thoughts clear.

"Here," Ginny said, and I felt her lead me over and drop me into a chair, even though I couldn't exactly see her. I felt a headache coming on. Not now, I begged my body, please.

"Should I get Draco?" Ginny asked, concerned.

"No!" I exclaimed, but the volume hurt my head so much I dropped it into my hands, "I'll be fine, just... give me a minute."

She stood beside me, and I felt her hand holding onto my arm tightly. I took my opposite one and held onto her hand, and using that stability tried to pull myself back up. I sighed with relief as my vision started to clear, and the sharp pain in my skull turned down into a steady throb.

"Are you alright?" She asked me.

After a few seconds I was, and my head felt as though nothing had happened. "Yes," I confirmed, standing on my own now.

"What's happening?" She asked, a hand still on my shoulder, "Why are you having these dizzy spells?"

I shook my head. "I'll tell you, just not now," I explained, hoping it was the truth, but it wasn't exactly Ginny's business at the moment, as rude as that may sound.

Luckily, she seemed to understand that, and she nodded. I smiled. "Open it," I said, gesturing to the door, trying to sound confident.

Ginny pulled the door open, and stepped out first. "Harry," she said to her date when he appeared in the doorway, "You look fantastic."

"Not as fantastic as you," was his reply, and he pulled her into a kiss right there.

I looked around in the hallway. Ron was standing there too, with Lavender on his arm. "Hi Lavender!" I greeted her cheerfully, and she came up and hugged me in response, I did the same.

I smiled when she released me. We had been dorm-mates for several years, after all. I stepped further through the doorway and stopped in front of Draco, who was also standing there. "Hi," I said simply, waiting for him to say something.

He just stared at me for a few seconds, not saying anything. Then, to my surprise, he pulled me into his arms. "I'm glad I'm satisfactory," I said after a few seconds, grinning.

"You look perfect," he replied over my shoulder, "absolutely stunning."

I smiled. I broke away from him a bit, but we were still hanging onto each other. "Any chance I can get one of those?" Draco joked, looking at Ginny and Harry, who had just broken apart from a very long kiss.

I laughed. "Maybe later," I told him, and turned back to the other two couples standing feet from us, "Let's go, guys."

Draco took my hand, and we walked beside each other, Ginny, Harry, Ron and Lavender following behind talking. "You must be tired of these parties," I said to him, "Going to one every year."

He nodded. "Sometimes," he said, smiling softly, "but I always end up enjoying them if I'm with the right person.

I wonder who he's come with in the past, I thought curiously, but decided against asking. "Are you nervous?" He asked me.