Chapter 17: The Infirmary

Draco's POV

"You half-wit!" Blaise screamed at Crabbe when we found him standing over Hermione, Pansy nearby, and Crabbe looked back at him confusedly.

"And you!" I yelled at Pansy, "Are you dense? What have you done!"

"Crabbe owed me a favor," She said sweetly, "I thought I would do you one."

Me and Blaise literally stood there staring at her, wondering how she could be so idiotic, but then snapped out of it and rushed to help Hermione. Crabbe backed out of our way, obviously still confused as to why we were upset.

I knelt down next to her, and held her face softly in my hand, there was a dark bruise on her jaw threatening to creep up higher onto her face. I noticed she was covered in dirt, she had obviously been on the ground here for a while. She was holding her left arm in her right hand, and I moved my hand to inspect it. "It's broken," Blaise informed me, standing behind my crouching figure.

"I have to get her out of here," I said, picking Hermione up in my arms.

"I'll come with you," Blaise said adamantly.

"Lucky you got that sixth sense, eh D?" He joked as we hurried back to the castle, "That could have gotten ugly."

"She could have died," I snapped back, even though it was probably an over-statement.

As we burst into the infirmary, Madam Pomfrey was no where to be seen. I sighed angrily. "Here," I said to Blaise as I laid Hermione down on one of the empty hospital beds.

"Is she still out?" Blaise asked, taking a seat on the chair next to the bed.

I remained standing. "Looks like it," I replied, her eyes were still closed.

"Oh my!" I heard a woman exclaim.

I turned around. It was Madam Pomfrey, and she was approaching us. "Was it the headaches again?" She asked.

"No," I growled, but before I could continue, Madam Pomfrey gasped.

"This isn't good," she said, pushing slightly on Hermione's chest and stomach.

Hermione flinched and inhaled sharply in her sleep when Madam Pomfrey made her way to the right side of her ribcage. "Careful!" I exclaimed.

Pomfrey shot me a side glare, but it quickly turned to understanding. "Two broken ribs, a dislocated jaw, and her arm is broken in three places. Merlin, what happened?"

"It was Pansy and Crabbe," Blaise said with a scowl, and I just watched Hermione, trying to keep my anger in check.

"Parkinson did this?" Pomfrey asked, obviously thinking of Pansy's weak and bony frame.

"It was Crabbe," I interrupted, scowling, "But Pansy told him to do it, she was there when we found them."

"And just in time, it seems," Blaise added.'

Madam Pomfrey nodded. "I shall inform them of your situation later so this will not happen again."

"No!" I exclaimed, and Blaise and her both looked at me in surprised.

"I believe that would only make it worse," I continued, "Hey!"

Madam Pomfrey had all of a sudden approached me and lifted up my shirt. "Please relax, Mister Malfoy," she scolded.

I did, standing up a bit straighter. She sighed, and released her hands. "You have two bruised ribs," she admitted, "This cannot happen again, or I fear the injuries might be more... severe."