Chapter 14: The Maybe Date

Hermione's POV

"Please please please please please," Ginny continued as we ascended the stairs. "Please please please PLEASE!"

I turned to her. "Fine!" I exclaimed, "If it really means that much to you, you can pick out my outfit!"

She beamed. Gin had been bothering me for hours about wanting to pick out what I would wear. "Oh come on, Mione," She groaned, "You can't tell me your not excited for this date!"

I raised my eyebrows, and stopped in my tracks at the top of the staircase. "Gin, it's not a date," I stressed to her tiredly, "We're just gonna hang out together in town, you know, get to know each other better."

Ginny lost the grin and looked at my seriously. "Mione," she drawled, "You just described a date! Accept it!"

She laughed, and I looked at my shoes. Was it a date? Maybe he thought it was, but I just wanted to spend some time and talk with him.

"If you call it a date," I explained calmly, "That's just gonna make it awkward."

Ginny nodded, but then grinned again. "You do you, Mione, as long as I get to pick out the outfit," she paused, "And do your hair and makeup, it's all good."

I looked at her suspiciously, and nodded. "Sure, whatever," it really wasn't a big deal to me.

"When can I come over?" She asked.

I thought about it. We were gonna grab dinner in town after afternoon classes. "Do you remember where our portrait hole is?" I started.

She nodded. "Just meet me there as soon as your last class of the day is done," I instructed, "The password is Aparecium, you can chill inside if you beat me there. Malfoy shouldn't bother you. Probably."

She laughed. "Still hates Gryffindors, does he?"

I shrugged. "He might remember who you are. The last time you guys spoke was what, before second year?"

She laughed. "I was this close to cursing him" she said, holding her thumb and index finger very close, "Good times."

I sighed. "Oop, here we are," I said as we came up on the transfig classroom, "How are you and Nott doing with your report?"

She shrugged. "We should finish today. We've been doing decent work, it should turn out well."

I nodded. I pushed open the heavy doors, and waved goodbye to Ginny as I joined Ama at our desks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Draco's POV

To say I was surprised when I found Weaslette sitting on the couch in our common room would be an understatement. I was half-expecting Hermione, but I walked through the portrait to an almost-stranger and almost had a heart attack.

I inhaled sharply in surprised with a hand on my chest and she turned to face me. "Weaslette," I greeted her simply and she rolled her eyes.

"Oh," she sighed, "I though you were Mione. Sorry if I startled you, I'm just waiting for her," she paused, "what kind of name is Weaslette?"

I held a straight face. "How... did you know the password?" I asked slowly.

She chuckled. "Hermione told me," she admitted.

I nodded. "That's ok?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I don't care," I said honestly, "Just... don't touch anything. If you're anything like your brother I'll tell you to keep your hands off and don't mess anything up."