Chapter 27: The Visit

(A/N: Ok folks, I know that Draco's birthday is June 5th, but we're gonna make it... sooner)

Hermione's POV

"Are you sure you want to go, Gin?" Ron asked his sister, shaking her shoulders softly, "I still don't trust that ferret."

Ginny put a hand on her concerned brother's shoulder and laughed softly. "Ron," she said, smirking, "Your concern is ever so touching, but get over it, please. It's not like Draco's dangerous, Hermione and I will be fine."

"Don't tell me he's not dangerous," Ron turned around and muttered as I sat on the couch nearby, smiling amusedly while watching events unfold. Ginny came and sat beside me, Ron still standing in front of us. Harry was sitting on a chair on the opposite side, watching as well. We were waiting in the living room; Draco said he was going to be picking us up around... now.

"So you call him by his first name now too?" Ron began again, "I understand Mione, she's his mate for Merlin's sake, but you?"

Ginny stared at him, eye narrowed in a mix of frustration and confusion. "Like I said to Hermione," she started, "While you guys couldn't stand to be in the same room with him, I spent quite a bit of time talking with him while our friend Hermione was in the hospital wing, which mind you," she glanced at me, "has been a lot."

Ron huffed, and sat down in a chair. "Bloody ferret," he mumbled under his breath.

Me and Ginny turned to each other and chuckled. "When's your boyfriend showing up anyway, Mione?" Harry joked, sitting up straighter in his chair, "He doesn't seem like a bloke to be late, does he?"

I nodded and sighed. "I don't know," I said, tilting my head back and closing my eyes, "But we have some more time together to relax, so I'm gonna enjoy it."

Ginny nodded beside me, and relaxed, putting her feet up on the small table in front of us. After a few minutes of that, I heard the flames come up in the fireplace. Ron yelped in surprise, and Harry laughed at him.

"Hey," Draco said simply, stepping out of the hearth.

He took a look around at us and smirked. "I didn't startle you guys, did I?" He asked, eyebrows raised.

I laughed, and stood up. He pulled me into his arms immediately, and I felt full of energy as soon as his arms were around me. I could feel it in him, too. Suddenly I felt him falter, and I couldn't feel his emotions. I was about to let go, but his embrace tightened again and I didn't.

We both hesitantly pulled away after a few seconds, and I turned back to the couch.

"Gin!" I exclaimed, and kicked her foot softly, "Gin, wake up!"

She jumped and opened her eyes. "What?" She exclaimed, turning to look around, "Why's Draco here? Oh wait, never mind."

I laughed and helped her up. "Were you really asleep?" I said, giggling.

She nodded. "Are you two ready?"Draco asked, still smirking.

I nodded, and picked up my bag. "Gin," I started, and sighed, "You forgot your bag, didn't you?"

"Just a sec," Ginny said laughing, standing up and running up the stairs.

I shook my head. "Oh, Gin," I sighed, turning back to the boys.