Chapter 11: The Practice

Hermione's POV

"Mione, is everything OK?" I heard Ginny's voice ask me.

I looked up. "Yeah, why?"

"Well, you've been looking at the cover of that book for like, five minutes," she laughed.

I smiled. "Just thinking," I said, putting the book back on it's shelf, "Well, I have everything I need. Do you think the boys are done at the Honey dukes?"

Ginny shrugged. "Who knows. Let's just head to the Three Broomsticks. We can order the butter beers. Unless they're already there, we've been in here for like, an hour. You've got your books?"

I smiled and nodded. It was a beautiful day outside. It was perfect for a quidditch practice, for the Slytherins, of course, but I was rather excited to work on my project with Ama. The quidditch pitch would be a nice change from the library for homework. Maybe Ginny would be interested in coming along? I wondered. No, she wouldn't have anything to do. But she probably did, have homework. She still hated the Slytherins, though. Maybe I'd invite her later.

"There they are!" Ginny exclaimed, pointing to where the boys were sitting at a table outside the Three Broomsticks.

They waved, and we smiled and waved back. "We already took the liberty of buying the drinks," Harry laughed, "We've been waiting here for almost half an hour."

Ginny glanced at me, and I smiled guiltily. Ron handed me a butter beer, and I took it gratefully. Me and Ginny took a seat with them, and I set my shopping bags beside me. "Hey Mione," Ron started, "Do you wanna come back to the Gryffindor common room with us after this to hang out?"

"Sorry," I said, sipping my drink, "I have that transfig project to work on later."

"We'll come with you!" Ron exclaimed quickly.

I blushed. Although I would have liked to spend some time outside with Ron, the... setting, might pose a problem."

"Only if you don't mind watching the Slytherin's practice," I mumbled, taking another drink of my butter beer.

Harry and Ron almost did a spit take, and Ginny laughed at them. "What?" Harry exclaimed.

"Honestly, you two! I have to work on this project with my partner, and she couldn't meet me in the library so we're going to work at the quidditch pitch!" I explained, in a 'duh' tone.

"Why the quidditch pitch?" Ron asked, "And why the Slytherins!"

"She was invited by some of the boys to watch them, so we're gonna watch them and work on our project."

"It's like you're supporting them," Ron mumbled, but then exclaimed, "How come you never come to our practices?"

I shrugged. "I'd have no one to sit with," I lied, in reality I would just have been bored.

I really had no interest in quidditch. I was about to take another drink when Ron grabbed my arm softly. "Come on, Mione, please?"

I grabbed his hand softly, but put it down immediately, embarrassed. "Another time, guys, k?"

They all nodded, Ron, hesistantly. We enjoyed the rest of our drinks in comfortable silence, someone bringing up pleasant banter once in a while. It was nice, spending time with my friends. Once we got up to leave,
I looked up from my drink to find Ginny staring at me intently. "Yeah Gin?"

"Can I come see your dorm?" She asked devilishly, "You said it was nice."

I nodded. "Well..." I started hesitantly, "I spose it would be OK."