Chapter 22: The Break

A/N: This chapter picks up RIGHT after the last chapter left off, so if it's been a while maybe check that out first. This is literally continuing their conversation.

The two boys groaned again from their spot on the other side of the room. "Ginny!" They cried.

"I'm kidding!" She exclaimed, raising her hands in surrender.

"As for Draco," I said with a serious expression, "He would be sleeping in a very separate room, much to his disappointment."

Ginny snickered, and I heard Ron scowl. "Oh quiet, you," I called over at him.

"And I'm pretty sure he'll be fine with it," I continued, "As long as I'm happy, he's happy, I assume."

"Awww," Ginny she breathed, "That's adorable. I hope he's not also disappointed that he won't get you all to himself on New Years."

She raised her eyebrows, and the boys groaned again, probably wishing they couldn't hear our conversation. "Oh quiet!" We both exclaimed, and laughed.

"Oh please," I whispered sarcastically to Ginny, trying to keep the boys out of our business.

"Oh please yourself," she grinned, "Like you wouldn't think twice about having sex with the Sytherin Prince. He's done it with like, every girl we know. Harry is something special, but nothing like him."

I faked gagged. "I don't need to hear about you and Harry; and I would think twice, in fact I might think more times than that. I'm also aware he's 'been around'," I said, frowning, but then put a smile on my face, "And stop it, Ginny. We haven't even had a real kiss yet, and I haven't really discovered any romantic feelings for him yet."

"What do you mean by real kiss?" Ginny asked, raising her eyebrows again.

"Well like I said," I started to explain again, "First time; he surprised me. Second; he thought I was asleep. Third; I literally just needed him to shut up."

Ginny laughed. "You guys are an interesting pair. Wait, and what do mean no romantic feelings. You're his girlfriend, aren't you?"

I smiled guiltily. "I care about him, I really do," I sighed, "And I know he cares about me even more, but I just haven't fallen for him the way he would want me to. I feel so bad."

I put my head in my hands, staring into my palms. "Hey," Ginny said, putting a hand on my back, "Don't feel bad. He can't just expect you to be all over him, like other girls are just because of his Veela charms. You said you haven't had a big kiss, and it's not like you've shagged him for Merlin's sake, so it sounds to me you're not leading him on."

I sighed. "I did say that I took our relationship seriously, and I wanted it to go further," I shrugged, "Isn't that leading him on, giving him false hope?"

Ginny shook her head. "Don't worry about it. And definitely don't do anything you're uncomfortable with. He's a Veela, your wish is his command," she raised her eyebrows, "Do with that what you will, but I think we both have very different ideas about it."

I elbowed her. "Get your mind out of the gutter," I hissed, "I would never even think about that."

"Speaking of the gutter..." Ginny muttered, putting on a smirk.

What's she gonna do, I mused.

"You're such a prude!" Ginny exclaimed, making sure she had the two boy's attention before turning to me and continuing, "Trust me, sex is no big deal, Harry and I do it all the time! Piece of advice; the Room of Requirement is the ideal spot. Or the prefects bathroom..."