Chapter 18: The Seal

A/N: Hey guys, just wanted to thank you for 500 reads! I've gotten positive feedback already, and nothing feels better than knowing you guys enjoy what I'm writing. I'm gonna keep updating, and I hope I can make it everything you guys are hoping for. Thanks again!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Draco's POV

"You," I said to her, frowning, "What are you doing here?"

The girl straitened her posture, and I was about to reach for my wand when she spoke. "I came to talk to Hermione," she said forcefully, "I was just leaving, lucky for you," she mumbled the last part.

She walked out, bumping me on her way with her shoulder. Once the door had shut behind her, I scoffed. "I don't think you should be hanging around with her," I growled.

She raised my eyebrows at me. "Excuse me?"

"She's bad news, I can tell," I said, believing what I was saying.

"Have you ever talked to her?" she droned.

I froze, and thought about it. "No," I admitted.

"Have you ever even met her?"

"No?"

"Then why do you hate her?"

I paused for even longer. "I..." I stuttered, "I really don't know. But she's not really a fan of me either."

I really didn't know. She was just... a nuisance. "Can't you like... sense it or something?" Hermione asked me.

"Huh?" I was confused now.

Hermione sighed with impatience. "She's a veela? That's why you hate her, and she hates you. Doesn't ring a bell? All the guys drool over her? She's gorgeous?"

I shrugged. That would make sense. "Oh yeah," I said.

She scoffed. "Blissful ignorance, eh?"

I chuckled. "Maybe."

"Oh, right!" I exclaimed, "I brought us dinner. I had one of the house elves make us some sandwiches."

"Aww, thanks." She said, taking one on a plate from me.

As she smiled at me and returned to her sandwich, I continued to stare at her. I didn't know why I had been so worried when Hermione was gone, and relieved when I had brought her back. Maybe I really did like her. But that would never happen, she didn't like me back. At most, we could become friends.

But that isn't enough, I thought. This was stressful, but I literally didn't have forever to make it happen. So why not now?

"Uh, Hermione?" I asked.

Please please please please please please, I thought.

She swallowed some of her sandwich. "Hmm?"

"Uh," I started.

Please please please

"I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend."

Hermione's POV

Be his girlfriend? That was really sudden...

Ron and Harry would go mental, I thought, mostly Ron, but Ginny would, of course, be pleased.

I had really looked up to the idea of me and Ron going out at some point, but with the way he'd been acting lately it didn't seem like he was interested.

"Yes," I answered simply.

"I understand if-" he stopped, "Wait, what?"

"I said yes," I repeated, stifling a laugh.