Chapter 16

JASON'S POV

           As her bones broke one by one to make the shape of a wolf, I wanted to kill myself. Put me out of the misery of seeing my mate in such excrutiating pain. But that would be selfish. And an Alpha is supposed to be everything but selfish. She wasn't fighting the pain. She was calm. Like you're supposed to be when you get hurt. It helps stop or at least lessen the pain. But not this with every new broken bone comes just as much if not more pain than the last. Her shift is worse than anybody's I have ever witnessed. Because she is the daughter of an Alpha the pain would already be ten times worse than it would be for a normal person. But she is not pure werewolf, she is half vampire, daughter of a vampire king the purest vampire. Half of the purest of two different species. Two different species which were born to hate each other. Her two halves are fighting for dominance over her body which makes it more painful then I can even imagine.

            After this transformation, she could be deformed. Or she could be the most powerful supernatural being alive. Either way I don't know if she will be happy with the outcome. Hair starts to cover her body during transformation. As the last bone breaks me and Nate both gasp as mush as you can gasp as a wolf. Her wolf is absolutely beautiful. It's perfect. What surprised both me and Nate was the size of her wolf. She was almost the same size as my Alpha wolf maybe an inch shorter at the most and my wolf is larger than most other Alphas. Even most pure female Alphas are the size of the Omegas or even at most the size of the smaller sized Betas in wolf form. If we didn't know that this wolf is female or close enough to her to smell her I would mistake her for an male Alpha. Her wolf is grey her eyes black. My guess is she inherited her fathers eyes in wolf form. Still she is the most beautiful female wolf I have ever seen. I mind link Nate. "Go back to the pack inform them the shift went smoothly."

          I can tell he wants to object. I growl at him. Warning him. I want time with my mate. He submisses then runs back to the pack. I walk slowly to my mate no telling how she will react. She walks towards me and nuzzles her head into my wolfs neck. I do the same to her. I jump around her playfully my wolf hoping to go for a run. She nudges me to take the lead. I start running and suddenly she's 50 feet in front of me. I can smell her terror. She doesn't know how to stop. She slams into a tree. Any other wolf would be to weak and would automatically turn back into their human form. She's fighting it. 'She doesn't want you to see her naked.' My wolf tells me and I feel his sadness.

           'She's not ready for that' I chatise my wolf. I know he understood this before he just doesn't understand why. Most mates wouldn't care. Most wouldn't have the self control to not jump each other right then and there. But our situation was different. She's different.

           I run back the short distance and bring her some clothes and a blanket. I drop them by her head and whimper. My wolf connects with hers and tells her we won't look. As she turns back into human I here her bones break again one by one to change into human form. I here her groan. I fight the urge to turn around and help her. I know she won't forgive me. "Jason!" She cries. I turn around and see she only has the blanket on, a sports bra and shorts. She's crying. I immediatley turn back into human form not caring that I'm naked in front of her. I pull on a pair of shorts knowing she will. Her head was down not looking so I was out of view. She cries harder.

           "Alex what's wrong?" I step forward.

           She holds up her hands to stop me. I'm confused and hurt and angry at the same time. Why doesn't she want me near her. Both my wolfs and my heart breaks. "Jason." She cries again. "What's happening to me?" I take a step closer and she holds her hand up again.

         "Alex." I growl. "I can't help you if you won't let me near you!" I yell frustrated.

           She stops crying. I could tell she was angry at herself for crying in the first place. "Jason..." She pauses. "I have fangs. And I don't know how to get rid of them." She lifts her head up to show me.

          I growl at the sight.. I walk towards Alex. I mindlink Nate to tell Dan I need him. In about fourty- five seconds Dan arrives with his vampire speed. I growl lowly at him warning him not to try anything. He smirks. "Well if it isn't little miss Alex the hybrid." He says to her. She's currently slumped against the tree she hit. I growl again at him louder.

           "Help her Dan. Or I swear to the moon goddess I will tear you to peices!" I yell at him. He laughs at me.

            "Calm your tits mister Alpha." He tells me. I try my hardest not to growl at him. "Make her calm that should get rid of them. They are gonna hurt after. Massage them for her." He sighs. "I have decided to teach her how to control her powers. Otherwise she is no use to the king. " I growl loudly at him and try to attack him. He moves to fast. I narrow my eyes at him. "As I said before Alpha. Calm your tits. The king does not plan on forcing her to join the team. He thinks she will decide to herself because of his leverage And he does not plan on hurting Rob until she decides which side she will fight for. Which she will not decide until she has complete control over her abilities. Which could take up to a year.. Or ten." I growl at him but know I need to help Alex calm down. I walk over to the tree and pull Alex into my lap. I'm not gonna lie I'm a little scared of her now. But in the end my love for her out does my fear. I cradle her and whisper in her ear.

         "Everythings gonna be alright. Did you hear? He's not going to touch Rob." I squeeze her to my chest and the mate bond send shocks up and down my body. Almost instantly her fangs retract.

            She stands up and tries to stay calm. "I'm sorry for attacking you before. It was a little uncalled for. But you were a dick and you were warned. I am sorry for your losses." She spits out.

           He shrugs his shoulders. "They were just wannabes none of them were true vampires.   They just thought it would help their chances of getting laid. So honestly you kinda helped me out." He smirks. "Nate knows how to contact me when you need it." He pauses. " I almost forgot. Are you hungry?" He smiles menancingly and throws a bag of some liquid at her. Blood. I can smell it. A+ blood. I step back nervous.

           She just backs up as well. Repulsed. I sigh in relief. Don just shrugs and smiles. "Looks like you didn't get the need or craving for blood. Which means you should have better control over your teeth and your mind." She almost smiles in relief at that.

           "Wait. Am I dead then?" She asks him and my heart skips a beat.

           "Half." He replies duly. Uninterested. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

            "Jason." Alex walks over to me. "I know your scared of me. And that hurts, it really really does."

             "Alex. I'm not scared of you. Not anymore." She nods her head understanding. The blood thing was the main thing. "But Alex, if you can't keep your teeth under control, it's gonna be hard to deal with at the pack."

           " I think I can control myself with the teeth coming out. He said it will only happen when I'm out of control angry. And I have good control." I nod agreeing with her.

           "Ok but we still need to keep it low." I tell her. She nods agreeing. I lean in to kiss her. I wrap my hands around her waist. Her arms trail up my chest up to around my neck. Five seconds. That's literally all it took to make me hard.

           "Jason. I think I need to talk with Don for a little bit." My eyes go wide.

           "Absolutely not!" I yell at her. "You are not going with him alone!"

          She crosses her arms across her chest, and raises her eyebrows. "I can take care of myself with them. We already established that." she gestures to Don who nods. "And I just want to talk to him. Two. Three hours tops." She begs me to see her way. I punch a tree denting it. I breath in deeply.

          "I understand." I say and quickly turn away to walk back to the packhouse. Midstep I turn around and glare at Don. " If anything happens to her. Even the slightest bruise. You and all your intolerable low life friends are dead." And with that I turn away and shift. Running back to the packhouse in wolf form.