Chapter 18

I sit their in shock against the tree mouth open clueless to what just happened. Maybe he doesn't want me to choose him? But the way he acted I know he cared. Didn't he? I could feel my werewolfs heart sink. I try to talk to her. 'Hey it's gonna be alright. He just needs to cool off.'

          No reply. I run with vampire speed to the lake where I first saw Dan. I sit on the rock. Waiting. Hoping. Sad that I resort to this person to talk to. A couple seconds later I feel the wind and smell Dan's presence. "Weird how I thought things would turn out differently. Even though I know that werewolves and vampires don't get along." He sits next to me on the rock. I move over making it seem like I was giving him more room. But really I just want a couple more inches beetwee us.

           He nods. "But Nate said he will always love you no matter what. He told me that Jason does to. Jason had contacted him and told him to go back to the pack house. I think Jason still loves you. He just doesn't know what to do." I nod understanding. Neither would I in his case. Unconcsiously I start putting my fangs in and out.

           Dan smiles. "You're doing it as fast as me almost. You're a faster learner then I thought, It might only take 3-6 months to teach you. Makes my job a hell of a lot easier." He stands up.

           "Be right back." I tell him. I run with vampire speed to where Jason left the car. Hoping it was still in the same place with my clothes in it. It was. I grabbed all of my clothes out of the car taking one back pack, one duffel bag, and one gym bag. I write Jason a note. Knowing that once he can't find me he'll go back to his car. I put the back pack over my back and the gym bag over that. I carry the duffel bag and run back to Dan. I stand in front of him with my bags. "Do you have a punching bag?" I asked him.

          "No but I can get one." He smiles and walks me back to his place.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JASON'S POV

           I run back to the packhouse ignoring the crying girl because if I stayed with her, I don't think I'd be able to leave her. My wolfs mad at me for leaving her he's not talking to me. I meet Nate at the gates. "Where's Alex?"

            I look down at my feet. "Jason. Where. Is. Alex." He asks me again.

           "I left her in the woods. She's fine. We need to figure this shit out." I tell him clenching my jaw. "We might not be able to get Rob back if she rejects one of us. And she and me are sure as hell not taking even the slightest chance of not getting him back. And I'm pretty sure you're not either."

            He slides his back against the wall and plops down on the floor. "You know how strong both the mate and the first love bonds are." He pauses "What if she can't resist the pull. If she kisses me or something you know how I feel about her. And now that she's a vampire I have the pull to. We're both gonna hate seeing her with the other. And I'm not losing you Jason. We've been through everything together. EVERYTHING. And I'm finding Rob.You can kick me out of the pack but I'm still sticking around and finding Rob."

           "I don't know if I can stand her kissing you. I might attack you. And you might attack me." I tell him. He nods. "So its settled then." He nods again. "OK. I'm gonna go get her." I shift and smell around for my mate. I can't find her anywhere. I go back to my car thinking maybe she just went there. Once I get to the car I shift again.

            Opening the door I notice all of her clothes are gone. Except for the ones I got her at Victorious secret. All of her supplies she got for the trip to save Rob are gone. Theres a note on the passenger seat. There is no way in hell she's living with those psychopaths. I shift back into my wolf who is now talking to me. At least a little. And I follow her scent back to the rock in front of the lake. I follow hers and Dan's scent until I see them walking. I shift back and put a pair of shorts on. I run to catch up to them. "Alex." I say a couple feet ahead of them. "You are not living with these psycopaths!" I almost yell at her.