Chapter 28

Ross's pov

I take a shower in the cheap motel room, I could smell the mold in the room. I shake my head and rinse the shampoo out of my hair. I let the surprisingly jet like water massage my scalp as I think about what happened a few hours ago. I wish Jasmine hadn't of showed up, now I'm sure Alex won't stop pestering me as soon as she wakes up. Girls.

I turn the knob until the shower slowly turns off. I grab the white towel and wrap it around my waist. I open the door forgetting the probability of Alex being awake by now. I pause as I see her head shoot up and then right back down. I smile at the thought of her being shy around me, but then realized she's probably remembering what happened earlier. I grab some clothes out of my bag as she heads to the bathroom avoiding eye contact. I pull on some pants quickly and a grey muscle shirt. I hear a wrapper in the bathroom, I smirk sneaking in a chocolate bar.

I shake my head but then I smell it. The blood. Oh shit, she's on her period. Which means she's in heat, this is not good. That's why she was avoiding me, not because of earlier but because she knows what's to come. The urge to... I shake my head and wish one of her other mates were here.

I hear the sink run and she steps out of the bathroom. She steps out in black underwear and a black sports bra. I narrow my eyes.

"What?" She asked, "You said wear something revealing," She throws on a pair of sweatpants and throws on a crop top. "I'll just take these off when we get there." I nod slowly.

"Let's go, he's a ten minute walk down the road." I tell her. She nods and walks to the door obviously staying as far as possible away from me. I walk behind her after telling her the directions, I can't help but watch her walk I shake my head forcing my eyes away from her hips. "Take a right we're here." I tell her, "wait for me." She pauses walking hesitantly.

I whisper to her, "You don't want him to think you're alone... Especially in heat." I try to say as awkward free as possible but she blushes. I wrap my arm around her waist my right hand on her right hip.

I knock three times on the door, wait ten seconds then knock twice more. The door opens almost immediately. "Ross!" The boisterous man invites us in and pats my back, "And who's this sexy young lady?!" He asks eyeing her.

I growl lowly slightly warning him, "My mate," I tell him, pulling her closer to my side.

"Your one lucky guy." He said smiling, but watching me closer now. He'd steal her if he got the chance, a good looking guy with the ability to mess with someone's mind. He leads us to room with a bunch of measuring tools and fabric types. "Take your clothes off, I'm sure he told you what to wear." He winks at her. She shakes her head and strips off her crop top and sweatpants. He touches her stomach with his bare palm, I see him look into her eyes, she glares back at him. He grabs a tape measure and measures her breast, neck, torso, thighs, calves waist and butt. It takes all I have not to rip his throat out as he flirts with her and glides his fingers across her skin. In some ways I'm jealous.

"Ok I'll get you an outfit, I'm thinking stretchy leather both sexy, and strong. Now, follow me outside." She's about to follow him as I stop her, I kiss her forehead.

"You can put your clothes on now, I have to say its peeing me off him touching you. She smiles and slides her clothes back on. She grabs my hand and I squeeze her hand in mine and drag her outside. We walk out the screen doors and follow him out into the woods. He starts a fire and sits her down on a log. I stand about ten feet away and watch closely as she stares into the middle of the fire and breathes deeply, he throws a powder into the fire and she's goes into a trance. I've been through this before I know it sucks but she's fine. She'll see things in the fire, be able to explain them to him. Then he will be able to make a weapon fit for her.