Chapter 23

We head west. The fog covering up the scent of where they are cleared. We get about twenty miles in before we stop for the night. By the smell I assume we have about 11 more days at 20 miles a day. Plus the time we have to take training. Nate is carrying the extra supplies Dan needed to train me. I already know how to use all of them I just need to learn how to do it with speed.

We all find a tree and lean our backs against it. We luckily haven't run into any rogues yet but they are everywhere. "I'm surprised we didn't run into any rogues."Jason says. "Their activity level is increasing at an alarming rate and we are sure to have multiple encounters daily. We should make a rotation in for a watch." he looks at all of us.

"I'll go first." Dan volunteers.

"We need two at each rotation." He says looking at Ryder. She looks uncomfortable.

"I'll be fine alone. Besides it would be unfair. Someone would have to go twice if we do doubles." Jason slowly nods.

"It's fine." Ryder sighs. "I'll do it with him." I know she doesn't trust him while she's sleeping.

"I'll do doubles." I tell them. "I more than likely won't be able to sleep anyways. You and Nate can rotate with me, Dean and Sam could work together." Everyone nods in agreement.

"Ok lets set up camp." I clap my hands. "I'll get the fire. The rest of you set up your tents." I turn to Jason. "You wanna hunt?" I ask him.

"Yes, I'll be back. My wolf needs a run anyways." He nods and immediately shifts and catches a scent.

"Dean can you watch his back?" I ask him. He nods and follows Jason.

I make a circle of dirt and gather some rocks and put them at the perimeter of the circle. Sam throws some dry wood in the makeshift pit. I nod my thanks. I start the fire the way my step dad taught me when I was younger. A few seconds was all I needed. I smiled as the fire started. I started making a rotisserie like thing over the fire for Jason's kills.

Twenty minutes later Jason and Dean come back Dean carrying two rabbits and Jason's wolf carrying a duck. "You guys can clean it. I ain't doing that shit." I say and walk over to Nate to help him put the three of our stuff in the tent. I grab mine and Jason's stuff. I set up the three of our sleeping bags as Nate watches me in the corner of the tent.

"You alright?" He asks watching me closely.

"I'm fine." I say but I knew that he could tell that was a lie as my voice cracked saying it.

"Come here." He says patting the area in between his spread out legs. I crawl over to him and sit inbetween his legs, my back against him. I sit there for a few minutes not saying anything as Nate plays with my hair.

"I miss him." I say tilting my head back to look at him. He kisses my forehead.

"Me too Alex. Me too." He sighs. I stay there for a while. Someone unzips the tent and Jason sticks his head.

"The foods ready." then he sees the tears on my face and climbs in. "Baby whats wrong?" He asks then remembers the situation. Nate kisses my forhead and goes to eat. Jason sits criss cross apple sauce and and pats his lap. I put my head in his lap looking up at him. He wipes my tears away with his thumb.

"We gotta get him back." I tell him.

"We will." He tells me.

"I know. But Jason," I pause, "what if he's not the same."

"I don't know hon. I don't know." He says knowing that lying to me would just make me more upset.

I wipe my face and stand up I unzip the tent and Jason follows me out. One rabbit gone and half of the duck missing. Jason takes the rabbit and I take the duck. After we finish eating we all sit around the fire blankly in the dark. Dean and Sam head to their tents. Tired but scared to sleep I head to my tent. After ten minutes both Nate and Jason join me.

They take off their shirts and shorts leaving only boxers. I have a sports bra and my underwear on. I haven't got in my sleeping bag yet because I can't stand it. I look at the boys and smile. At least I have them. Each one takes a side and sits touching me. Suddenly Jason starts moving his pecs and I can't stop staring. I push him. "Stop." I mutter. And the amusement in his eyes knowing it turns me on is killing me. His eyes glaze over and he smiles mischievously. He starts moving them again. And behind me I feel Nates doing it. "If you guys don't stop I'm going to Dean and Sam's tent." I say. Knowing their the only ones with more than a single person tent. They pause for a moment thinking. Then resume doing it and also move their herds. Okay I can't stand holding it in. The fact that their turning me on right now in my state is quite sad as for my hormones control. I stand up grab my shorts and leave the tent. I pull on my shorts outside the tent and look at there laughing bodies. "Don't be to loud boys. I'd like to get some sleep tonight." I say as I zip the tent. I go to Dean and Sam's tent.

"Hey guys?" I ask.

"Yeah?" Dean asks unzipping the tent.

"Did you feed yet?" I ask him.

He nods. "We both did."

"Do you care if I join you two because those damn bozos are being assholes." I point to the tent I was previously in. Their still laughing. Dean chuckles and lets me in.

"Thanks." I tell him. He nods in reply, and lies back down. They're both facing the same way so I took the spot by their feet.

"Goodnight." I tell them. And they reply goodnight in unison. I'm laying down facing up. Looking at the ceiling of the tent. Staring there. Unable to sleep. I unzip the tent and sit in front of the campfire. Zipping the tent behind me. I sigh as I sit crisscross applesauce in front of the fire. "Go to bed Ryder. I ain't gonna be sleeping anytime soon. Don't worry it doesn't mean you have to take one of my shifts." She nods and goes to her tent. Dan sits six feet away from me.

We sit in silence for two hours. Its midnight. And there's still no chance of me falling asleep. "I'll wake up one of them you should go to sleep Dan."

"After you get one of them. I don't trust you to not just stay up by yourself." He says. I nod and go to the tent. I unzip it and the guys have their arms around each other. Inwardly I chuckle.

So I don't freak them out I walk up near them and touch them letting them feel the mate bond. They wake up suddenly. And jump away from each other. "It's fine it's just me. I need one of you to come out here. Dan can barely keep his eyes open. He needs some sleep." Nate nods.

"I'll do it." He says. Jason nods and falls back asleep. I follow Nate out of the tent and zip up the tent. Dan nods to Nate and goes to his tent. Nate pulls me onto his lap against the tree. He kisses my neck. I know he wants to mark me but he can't right now.

I sniff the air. "Nate, wake everyone up." I whisper. Rogues. A lot of them. He mindlinks Jason and Ryder who come out of there tents. I walk over to Dean and Sams. I unzip there tent. They wake up immediatley hissing. "Get up. Hurry." I tell them and go to Dan's tent. Knowing his reaction could be fatal I unzip the tent and hiss at him quickly backing up with my vampire speed as he wakes up. "Sorry, but there's rogues." I tell him.

I walk back to Jason. "There's fifteen." He pauses worried. "Ten vampires and five werewolves."

Shit. This is gonna suck.