one

21ST JUNE 2016 || MADRID, SPAIN
AGED 23

"YOU MUST HAVE HEARD," Raphaël blurted, "You must have heard the news!"

Klara sent a death glare to the boy, "Raph, what news are you talking about? I don't know if you know that there are a lot of news loaded out every second. You interrupted my filming too."

Raph shrugged and entered his best friend's house, "Sorry Klara but this is important news. Haven't you checked your phone in the last few hours?"

Klara walked up the stairs and into her filming room, "I've been trying to get this song right. I love the song and I want to release demos of it to record labels so they can send it to artists to record."

"I don't see why you don't just release it yourself. You're fucking amazing," he complimented, plopping down on the couch behind the camera while she sat on the stool in front of the keyboard.

"As much as I appreciate you, Raph, you obviosuly didn't come just to compliment me. Spit it out."

"He who shall not be named is back," his eyes grew to the size of golf balls as he leant froward in anticipation.

She rolled her eyes and played a few chords, "You've been watching too much Harry Potter. Who's back?"

"Jesus shit, Klara, who else would I run here for? Alvaro's back!" he exclaimed.

Maybe her heart skipped a beat but she kept her eyes trained to the black and white keys of the keyboard. Her mouth had dried up and she couldn't find the right words go say.

"Klara?" Raphaël said softly, "Klara?"

"How long have you known? You're still friends aren't you?" she said, keeping her eyes on the keys and her fingers.

He sighed guiltily, "He's been considering his options for a while. He's had options to go wherever. A lot of Premier League clubs wanted him, but he only wanted Real. It's only been confirmed to the press today. I didn't want to give you of him false hope."

She shrugged and met his gaze, "It's not like we'd get together anyway."

Raphaël scoffed, "And I don't play for Real Madrid."

She sent him a deadly glare, "Raph, it's not that easy, you know. We broke up for a reason last time- not just because he was moving countries."

"But you're different people now!" he argued.

"Exactly," she shrugged, "We're different people now. We don't know each other anymore. Besides, you forgot a major detail."

"And what's that?"

"Don't think I don't know that he has a new girlfriend," she frowned at him.

"Oh," he said sheepishly, relaxing on the couch, "I would've thought they would have broken up because of distance."

"Distance was only part of the problem, Raph. He looks happy with Alice. She's all over his Instagram," she said almost bitterly, "Now get out, I have to record."

"You always let me stay though," he frowned.

Klara sighed, "It's a very personal song, Raphaël."

"And i'm your best friend. I'm staying," he said firmly, taking a throw pillow from behind him and hugging it to his chest.

Rolling her eyes, she checked all the wires were correct, "Fine. Press record?"

Raphaël reached over and pressed record on the DSLR before collapsing back into his seat and listening to what was so personal in the song.