twenty five

26TH OCTOBER 2016 || MADRID, SPAIN

ÁLVARO MIGHT AS WELL not have slept that one hour considering hime was up all that night in thought anyway. Kyle's words loomed over him worriedly and only one thing stood out: Klara's keeping something from you.

He trusted Klara with all his heart, he did, but from what Kyle said, this secret brought her pain, and he wanted to be there to help her trough it. She didn't seem much downer or anything since two years ago, but obviously something happened within those two years and something brought her happiness after those two years. He hoped it was him.

Around 11AM, his phone dinged. Taking his eyes away from the crackly ceiling, he rolled over the bed and grabbed his phone.

from Klaz X
Morning Álvaritooo X Clearing through my room today, wanna help? Unless you're busy today, which is totally fine Xx

Álvaro smiled to himself. He could really do with seeing her an getting some answers.

to Klaz <3
Morning babyyy X I'm free today, so i'll be over in like half an hour? Also, I need to talk to you about something 😬 Xx

Finally getting a reason to get up and out of bed, he made his bed and grabbed some clothes from his wardrobe. He'd already showered late the night before, so he still felt fresh. With a microwaved sausage roll wrapped up in a kitchen towel roll on the passenger seat, he began his drive to Klara's house.

Maybe he was a little nervous. How easy was it to say to your girlfriend tell me what you're keeping from me? All this could erupt into a fight and that was the last thing he wanted. Even two months after they got back together, they were still in their honeymoon period.

He arrived at her house too quickly without time to plan what he was to say, but his plan now was to just put it off for a while and see how she was feeling that day.

"Álvarito," she blurted his nickname fluidly as she opened the door. He greeted her with a side hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Have you started your clear up?" he wondered.

"Nope," she grinned, "Been procrastinating, of course,"

"Of course," he gave her an amused look, "Do you want to start now?"

"No," she ushered him into the kitchen, "I made lasagne. Hungry?"

He walked behind her and pressed a kiss on the back of her head affectionately, "Hmm yeah, I got out of bed and went straight here,"

She frowned, "Did I wake you? It's unlike you to sleep in so late,"

He smiled reassuringly at her, "I was just in bed for a couple hours thinking,"

She didn't say anything, but instead examined his look, which bordered secretive. Klara took the lasagne out of the oven and placed it on the counter.

-

"Beware, it's messy in here," she rolled her eyes and opened the French doors into her room, "I took out all the boxes from the shelves and put them on the floor, but I haven't looked through them yet,"

Klara was right, it was messy, but that was only because of the dozen or so cardboard boxes littered around the floor. Álvaro chuckled and rested on the bed after picking up one of the boxes.

"Shoes," he read the scribble on the side of the box and folded up the flaps. Inside were just as it said: shoes and shoes of every kind, "Klaz, none of these even look like your size now!"

She looked up from the box she was digging through (art supplies) and crinkled her nose, "I know. I've been meaning to give it away to charity, actually. Can you put that whole box in that corner over there? Charity corner,"