ten

{short filler! sorry guys :((}

AUGUST 3RD 2016 || NEW JERSEY

THE ATMOSPHERE WAS VIBRANT and it pumped up all the players since they could hear the loud screams of the gigantic stadium from their changing rooms.

It was both Bayern and Real's last game of the ICC and one that would be watched worldwide due to the fact two of Europe's finest clubs would go head to head.

Klara was by the touchline with her beloved camera up to her face to take a video of the incredible crowd. It was a cool but yet still stuffy night so she had on a Real Madrid jacket.

"Klara," Zinedine came up to her, "Take the night off, darling, you work too hard. We've got more than enough footage, so you enjoy the game,"

It was true. She worked hard and her camera was practically another limb of hers on the tour. She thanked Zidane before sitting down at her place in the dugouts. The match would begin in 5 minutes and the substitutes were all sat.

"Predictions?" she smirked to her seat-buddy Marco.

"1-1 after extra time and then we dominate 5-3 on pens," Marco said confidently.

"1-1 after extra time? You're the optimist for your club aren't you?" she joked.

"Just being realistic," he shrugged, "Bayern are still good without their stars like Müller, Lewandowski and Robben and all that,"

"That is true," she smiled sadly. A football game could go many ways and it was definitely not only her hoping that it would go in Real Madrid's favour.

-

When the first half finished, the score was 0-0. Both sides had multiple chances but no player could find the back of the net.

"You played well," she smiled at Raphaël who took the place of Marco after the first half, "You didn't concede any goals,"

"I guess so," he sent her a tight-lipped smile, "Could have helped with goals with better passing choices though,"

Raphaël was hardly ever in great spirits after normal matches, unless they had won a title or something along those lines. He scrutinised his every move and pass and beat himself up if he had missed on an opportunity or passed to the wrong player when he could have passed to someone else. You are yourself's worst critic, they say and Raphaël just wanted to improve his game.

He definitely wasn't the only one to do this. Back when, Álvaro would watch the game he had played after the match and find ways to improve. Klara fondly remembered the two of them warm and cuddled up while watching football matches every weekend in bed.

It was tense. Both Madrid and Bayern kept pressing and pressing but no one could score.

That was until around the 79th minute and Danilo managed to strike the ball in after Lucas Vasquez and Odegaard tore through the heart of Bayern's midfield.

The Madrid bench erupted in cheers and the players were roaring with delight. Now all they had to do was defend for their lives.

"He's talented," Raphaël commented on the Norweigan midfielder who gave the assist, "Doesn't look out of place a single bit,"

-

4TH AUGUST || NEW YORK CITY

The night of the next day, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich were hosting together a fancy dinner and after-party to conclude the ICC. Both teams moved to New York City just because it was so much more glamorous and extravagant. It was held in the fancy hall on the first floor of their hotel and everyone there would be dressed to their nines.

"Is this too revealing?" she waltzed into Raphaël's room next door which was opened.

Raphaël, who was fixing up his bow tie, almost choked on his own saliva. He was so used to seeing her in messy buns and sweats, but no way would he ever think of her in that way.

"You look nice, Klara," he complimented her.

She thanked him and observed his sharp dress pants and shirt, "And you clean up well, Varane,"

"Thanks," he chuckled, "Stay here. I need your opinion on something but I have to go borrow a tie from Sergio first. I forgot mine,"

He ran out quickly which left her standing in front of the fancy full length mirror. She criticised her dress carefully. It was a little on the short side and the neck was a plunging V, but since she had so little cleavage, it didn't show off much.

"Raphaël, can yo- oh," Álvaro was startled by the presence of the girl in his hotel room.

"Oh hey, Álva. Raphaël's gone to Sergio's room to borrow a tie. He told me to stay here," she smiled at him.

He entered the room further and couldn't help but keep his eyes on her. She looked so beautiful.

"Are you alright Álvaro?" she frowned at him through the mirror.

"Ye- yeah, i'm alright," he smiled weekly at her, "You look beautiful Klara,"

She blushed inevitably and smoothed out the dress, "Thanks Álvaro. Do you need help with your tie?"

Klara noticed that he was fiddling with the end of the black tie. He smiled sheepishly, "Could you? I was going to ask Raphaël to do it around his neck,"

She shook her head at him and chuckled, "You still can't do a tie like the last time I saw you. How have you survived?"

He lifted up his neck to grant her more access to the tie. Expertly, her hands worked on the fabric, "Normal ties are so complicated. Clip on ties exist, Klara, clip on ties,"

She just chuckled even more. Álvaro turned his head to the side and watched the two of them from the side. She had this look of concentration on her face; the same face she made whenever she did up his tie when they were dating.

"Voila!" her hands left the fabric to hang down neatly. She had a look of satisfaction on her face.

"Thanks, Klaz," he laughed.

Her face scrunched up, "Klaz? Haven't heard that one in years and years,"

"Really? No one calls you that anymore?" he asked.

"Álvaro, you were the only one who called me that," she reminded him.

"Oh yeah, that's right," he remembered with a fond smile, "I loved calling you that,"

And I loved you calling me that, she thought to herself.

"Well I better get down to the dinner. I'll see you later, Klaz," he smiled cheekily at her before disappearing out into the hallway.

Klara stood with a goody grin on her face and her heart racing in delight.

-

168,513 likesklaramontes end of pre-season tour dinner! tomorrow we go :((

168,513 likes
klaramontes end of pre-season tour dinner! tomorrow we go :((