epilogue (part two)

|| madrid, spain

"MATEO COME RIGHT BACK!" Klara placed her hands on her hips and tutted at her son, "Don't give me attitude. I know you want to go out with your friends, but it's your little sister's birthday! All your uncles are coming!"

The 17 year old groaned and rolled his green-grey eyes which he had inherited from his Mum, "Whatever, mum. Just call me when people ask for me," He had stormed up the stairs in time for the incoming Álvaro to hear.

He wrapped an arm around his wife's waist and kissed her cheek, "What's with him?"

"He wants to go out with his friends, even though he's known for weeks that we're having a party," she sighed, "Who knew teenage boys were so hard to control?"

"You should, you were practically by my side all through those years," he set down the birthday cake box on the table.

"Nope," she smirked, "You were a good boy, I had you wrapped around my pretty little finger,"

Cackling, he nodded, "True. Where's Raf?"

"Out at the back helping with the decorations," she answered, "I just had to deal with Mateo,"

"I'll drop him from the squad next week," Álvaro joked, to his wife's utter amusement.

Álvaro's career had been fruitful. At his prime in his late 20s and very early 30s, he was one of the best prolific strikers. After the BBC age calmed, he was the main man. He had become a legend at Madrid, and only left the club once he felt not up to the pace enough and left for Atletico, the club he had started with. After three seasons with them, he had retired at the age of 37 and was offered the job of coaching the reserve team of Real Madrid.

He was favoured to be 'the next Zidane' by being a club legend, then coaching the second team before being promoted to the first. Zinedine Zidane became a great manager and enjoyed a long time with Real before deciding to find some change in Italy instead.

As for Álvaro's family, things went just as well. Mateo was a honeymoon baby, who was born 9 months after the wedding, and was also named after one of Álvaro's best friends, Paulo in being named Mateo Paulo Morata.

Two years later, at the age of 28, Klara popped out another boy, who they chose to kind-of name after their best friend, who might've cried at the news. Rafael Lucas Morata was now 15.

And then, four years after that, Cléo Isabelle was born and they decided that their family was complete. Klara found it funny that she was also in a trio of siblings of two boys and a girl.

When Álvaro found out that Mateo and Rafael wanted to pursue football like him, he was overjoyed (well, to be fair, he did have them kicking around footballs from the day they could walk, so...). The two were enrolled into 'La Fabrica' from a young age and Mateo was already on the reserve team and had great potential.

"Goodness, go help them," Klara and Álvaro sniggered at Paulo and Isco who were trying to tie up a 'happy birthday!' banner between two posts.

"Mum, are these snails?" Rafael screeched at the creatures on the tray.

"Escargots," she sighed, "Blame your uncle Raphaël. He feeds Cléo French food all the time and she loves those disgusting things,"

Out of all of her uncles, Cléo loved her Uncle Raphaël the most who spoilt her with presents and gifts since he didn't have a daughter of his own, and only a son around Rafael's age. Speaking of, he had found a lovely girl after Camille called Lila and they were the cutest couple ever and had a son called Oliver, who was best friends with Rafael.