nine

(double update because the other chapter was so short!)

1ST AUGUST 2016 || NEW YORK CITY

THE DRIVE TO NYC took less than 40 minutes, but if you pile a load of traffic on top of that, the Real Madrid crew were in the bus for maybe an hour. They left New Jersey at around 8 in the morning to maximise tourist time in the Big Apple. You may not think that's early, but tell that to the slump of footballers asleep in the dim coach. Almost all were asleep.

Raphaël had sat with James which left her to sit with Jorge, the young assistant physiotherapist. He was nice enough and they made small talk before he drifted to sleep. Raphaël and James were sat in the pair of seats next to Klara's and he'd often pull funny faces at her.

Eventually, with the help of the gloomy songs blasting in her ears, she fell asleep too.

-

"Klara," Raphaël only had to shake her once to wake her up. She was always a light sleeper.

"Are we here?" she mumbled sleepily and got up from her seat supported by her best friend.

"Just about," the bus pulled into a parking spot and stopped abruptly which left everyone surging forward. Raphaël had to grab the edges of the overhead shelves to steady himself, "Let's go,"

Klara could already see the beautiful skyscrapers and scenery of New York from the parking lot of the grand hotel and she was just itching to go and explore.

Zidane just went over a few rules like don't draw attention to yourself and be careful. Obviously, a group of like 40 people would be chaos and so everybody spilt into groups and they all had a few guard with them. All the adults and non-players aside from Klara grouped together and everyone else just went together.

It was still a little chaotic, but there was safety in numbers.

-

First on the list was breakfast. They probably wouldn't find a restaurant which seated 20 people on the same table and so they decided to split up. Even if they got separate tables at the same restaurant, the traffic of the food would be intense as the restaurant cooked up over 20 different meals as quickly as they could.

Isco, Raphaël,  Reubén, Mariano, Mateo, Jesé and of course, Klara were all together and looking for the most American breakfast place ever. They really could use pancakes and waffles and all that.

They eventually decided on IHOP and pushed together some tables to create a big 10 seater table.

Klara was sat somewhere around the middle with Isco on her left, Reubén on her right and Raphaël across her. Next to Raphaël was Álvaro and everyone just filled in the gaps.

-

326,461 likesklaramontes preseason ! new york, i do adore you

326,461 likes
klaramontes preseason ! new york, i do adore you.

-

They had visited the roof of a skyscraper and it was time to visit The Empire State Building, which everyone had looked forward to. The whole Real Madrid crew turned up at the same time so they could all go up around the same time.