twenty seven

28TH DECEMBER 2016 || THE BAHAMAS

"THIS IS THE DREAM," she pushed down her sunglasses to block the light filtering into her eyes, "I love the Bahamas,"

Álvaro chuckled from the other poolside chair, "We've only been here a couple of days, love,"

"That doesn't make me love it any less," she countered matter-of-factly, "There's no logic to what you're claiming Morata,"

He raised his arms in defence, "My bad then Klara!"

She sighed heavily and glanced around her. The hotel pool was calm at around three PM unusually. Maybe six or seven people were in the large heated pool and another five or so sunbathing on the armchairs. Then again, it wasn't exactly like the cost of the hotel was within an average person's budget.

Later that night, the two were in the warm suite. Klara was scantily clad in a pink silk robe like you'd see the Victoria Secret Models wear and Álvaro was sat up on the bed.

"Babe, you're not really helping anyone walking around in that," Álvaro hummed, looking up from his phone.

Klara giggled and slid onto the bed next to him, "Not even you?"

Groaning, he placed the phone on the side table and rolled over her. His elbows dug into the pillow either side of her, "Maybe me in that case,"

-

|| NEW YORK CITY

It was New Years Eve, and you could feel the festivities in the air. The day before, when they had arrived, the two simply went out for dinner and entertained themselves by playing in the hotel arcade.

The next day, the two planned to just walk around New York bundled up in scarves and long coats. They knew the streets would be busy, due to New York being one of the most popular destinations at that time of year, but they could tolerate most things.

Hand in hand, the two strolled around Central Park. Anyone who passed them could tell they were definitely in love. Starbucks cups warmed their other hands too.

"We were here only 4 months ago," he recalled.

"It's been a crazy four months hasn't it?" she sighed, "God it feels like it's been forever,"

He pursed his lips in thought, "Absolutely crazy, but I wouldn't have swapped those four months for the world,"

Klara giggled, "You're a sweet talker, Morata. I love it,"

Álvaro noticed something just ahead of them and sped up his walking.

"Hey, slow down," she almost tripped from the sudden burst of speed and giggled even more.

He stabled them by the side of the lake and pointed excitedly at the boats that were drifting atop, "Klaz, let's go on!"

She looked at him wearily, "Really? It doesn't look too safe,"

He pouted at her and made his infamous puppy dog eyes, "Please Klara? I promise i'll save you if you drown,"

"That's so comforting," she said dryly, "But come on then,"

He yelped excitedly and went over to the man who was running the service. Fishing out the dollars needed, he paid the man, who then handed the both of them bright orange life-jackets. Although the idea wasn't pleasant to her, she really liked seeing him happy.

"Honestly, Morata, i'll haunt you to your wits if I drown here," she glared at him, but he just smiled cheekily.

"You won't die, amor," he reassured her, "It'll be completely fine!"