seventeen

AUGUST 16TH 2016 || MADRID, SPAIN

ÁLVARO KNEW THAT OUT of all the days in August, he had to see her on that very day. He had to, or else he might've gone crazy.

Maybe his heart had broken just a tiny bit when Klara answered the door with a surprised expression. It had only been three days since they last saw each other.

It had been the last pre-season match and it was against a French team called Reims. Of course, Klara attended and of course, she was wearing a Real Madrid jersey.

Álvaro wanted her to wear his jersey, like she would two years ago, but with the heat being too hot to wear a jacket, she wouldn't be able to avoid Raphaël seeing the back and getting suspicious. Álvaro just had to get his good luck charm from idle hand squeezes and sweet cheek kisses before the match.

He was doing everything in his power to get Klara back as quickly as possible. His need for her was almost crazy. Maybe it was due to the fact that he had spent so much time with her without having the ability to kiss her and court her. He wasn't used to it.

When he scored a goal in the 45+1', he flashed his eyes over to the front row behind the dugouts and watched the girl scream crazily. He felt even more determined. He was so close, and he knew it.

"Álvaro," she hummed in surprise, "Come in,"

She was still in her pyjamas which consisted of a light lavender silk shorts and a floral crop top. It was only 9 AM.

"You're here early today," she commented and dipped her head at him.

"I felt like it," he shrugged innocently, "Do you mind?"

"Of course not," she smiled tightly and beckoned him in, "In or out?"

It was raining a little heavily, but the atmosphere the rain radiated was gloomy, "Let's stay in. I'll make us some breakfast," he decided finally.

"You don't have to," she pursed her lips as Álvaro gave her a really? glare, "Fine. I'll help you though. Wait here, i'm going to get changed,"

Álvaro made himself comfortable on her familiar couch and switched on the TV to find an episode of Hawaii Five-O. About 10 minutes after, Klara came down in a loose cropped grey jumper and a pair of high waisted shorts under it. Her hair was down from its bun and she had left her face bare of makeup.

Half an hour later, the table was swamped with plates of pancakes, waffles, eggs of every way to cook them, bacon, ham and cut up fruits. Off to the side, the blender contained chocolate milkshake.

"We've cooked for a party," she snorted as  she gazed upon the table.

"It'll be an all day breakfast then," Álvaro mused, "C'mon, it's not going to eat itself!"

-

The atmosphere between them was serene. Only a few words had been exchanged between them since they finished their breakfast and cuddle up on the couch. The both of them were engrossed in the TV show playing.

"Alvaro?" she hummed against his chest.

"Hmm?"

"Did you have an option to reject Real Madrid?" she questioned.

He frowned at her, but answered anyway, "Yeah I did,"

"I saw online that a lot of Premier League clubs wanted you: Arsenal, Chelsea," she listed some.

"Real Madrid brought me back, yes, and they might've intended to sell me for an even higher price for profit," he admitted, "But I talked to Zidane and I asked him to let me fight for my place. Do you know why?"

She shook her head.

"This is cheesy, but I feel like I belong in Madrid. Until Juventus, all the clubs I played with was a Madrid club. People say that i'm making the wrong decision since I probably wouldn't get much time on the pitch, but I know I made the right decision," he explained lowly, "My family is here, some of my friends are here. You're here, Klara,"

She chuckled to herself, "Even after almost 24 years, I still don't get why you pick me over some things,"

Álvaro shut his eyes and pressed a kiss on the side of her head, "You make me feel as though i'm enough,"

-

Klara sighed from the laughing fit she had endured. The TV show was just too hilarious. Álvaro looked down at her in adoration; she was simply so beautiful.

"What?" she mused.

"You'll probably slap me if I said what I was thinking," he chuckled softly and his eyes drifted to the clock behind her which ticked loudly, "I should go, Klara, early training tomorrow,"

She looked disappointed, but concealed it effectively and quickly. The pair rose from the couch and walked over to the door. He shrugged on his coat, because he was too lazy to endure the cool night for the seconds it took to get to his car from her door.

His warm hands rested on her face, "I'll see you soon, Klara,"

"You're affectionate today," she commented in a whispering tone. The mood had suddenly dropped as the air did when he opened the door.

Álvaro's heart ached. He couldn't believe what she said. Then again, it probably wasn't a date that brought her a lot of happiness in the past year.

You can do it Álvaro.

He was towering over her just slightly and her big, green eyes were sparkling up at him. She almost looked like she was begging him to do it.

Álvaro wasn't known for his fuck this attitude, and he always took a slow approach to everything.

Apart from this.

It felt so great finally having her soft, plump lips against his again. They fitted like jigsaw puzzles. It's cheesy, but everything about the couple was sweet and cheesy.

She was the one to deepen the kiss, much to Álvaro's delight. She was making a move on him too by doing that. That was how he knew it wasn't a one way street with a dead-end.

Álvaro had to be the one to pull away. She gasped for breath when he did.

"Doesn't mean we're back together," she added immediately with a grin on her face. Her lips were slightly swollen and redder.

"Of course not," he said softly, "I'll work harder for you,"

He leaned down and pecked her lips fleetingly. With that, he disappeared into the darkness of the 10PM clouds.

Klara was settled in bed just a half-hour later. She was just going through her social medias when he had texted her.

from Álvaro <3
I don't blame you for not remembering since it wouldn't have been a happy event last year. If we had never broken up, I would've said happy eighth <3