thirteen

5TH AUGUST 2016 || NEW YORK CITY

IT WAS THEIR LAST DAY in America before they would go back home and have a tiny break before their final pre-season friendly.

It was a good 7 hours after the 2 AM situation, and Alice should already be back in Italy. He had called his manager after the call to arrange a flight with Alice. My God did he feel like a douchebag but he would feel even worse for loving someone else whilst staying with her.

"Wake up Álvaro," Raphaël nudged him awake, "We're all going out for breakfast in like half an hour,"

Álvaro rolled onto his back and kept his eyes shut for a few seconds. 7 hours was still not enough for him.

He tugged on a pair of light jeans and an Adidas shirt along with Adidas trainers since he was an Adidas athlete. Raphaël had sat on his bed on his phone for the time that Álvaro took to get ready.

"Do you know where we're going?" Álvaro grabbed his wallet and it into his pocket.

"We're just going to walk around until we find somewhere we like I guess," he shrugged, "Ready? I'll just get Klara and then we'll meet the boys in the lobby,"

His heart skipped at her name. Was he a 13 year old high schooler?

They made sure their door was shut before knocking on Klara next door. She opened up quickly with a smile.

"Good morning losers," she pulled Raphaël into a hug and pecked his cheek before casually doing the same with Álvaro, "What are we doing today?"

"Brunch is on the list first, and then exploring New York until we have to go," Raphaël answered.

"Ugh, I just don't want to leave!" she groaned and locked the door, "I've already packed. Have you two?"

"Nope," they answered simultaneously with a burst of laughter.

"Boys," she muttered and rolled her eyes.

The lift they were in had a mirror like usual lifts and she made sure her outfit was in place.

She was wearing a plunging black bodysuit with a low back tucked into denim shorts, along with an unbuttoned flannel and her go-to velvet thigh high boots. Thank God for her long legs.

They met Isco, Mateo, Jesé and Mariano in the ground floor before trekking out into the city. They were allowed to leave with no-guards since they pleaded and pleaded. Besides, they weren't as well known as let's say Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift.

"So where do you want to have brunch?" Isco asked to no one in particular.

"Anywhere that serves good hangover food!" Mateo groaned, "Not quite sure how I got drunk. Someone just kept handing me beers!"

"We could go to a place I went to once?" Jesé suggested, "I went there when I was in New York about a year ago. They have good food,"

-